Maxthon magically loosing passwords

I loved maxthon and I have used it as my main browser for 5 years already, but there's something that is really REALLY getting me upset and is not a one in a life time issue, is something that happens multiple times in a week.

Maxthon's Passkeppers, loves and I mean it really loves, to randomly delete all the passwords. Fortunately it stops with accounts, private notes and identities, it just loves to screw arround with the passwords, I've never had that issue with older versions of maxthon (maxthon 4 and the first versions of maxthon 5) but it became my daily bread everytime I use the browser.

Top fix it I have to go to uu.me sign in, go to the passkepper section (is empty) go to back up, and check every single backup until randomly my passwords appear, so I lock that back up, and then go back to the passkepper to sync again, and Hopefully... HOPEFULLY if i'm really lucky) I will have all my passwords again, but usually I lost between 2-20 passwords each time, and when you have 200+ passwords it becomes harder to know wich one, and if you commit the HUGE mistake of using the password generatot, your account is gone for good)

Usually I only use the forum to help other users and give feedback but I really needed to complain about that issue, because is driving me nuts XD I hope you finally fixed it or I might kill myself XD (Just Kidding)

37 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

They don't have time to fix something really important like this because they are too busy adding stuff that one or two users want and ignoring everything else.

or even things that no one asks for but the devs crystal ball tells them its sure to be wanted

or the other waste of time

changing something that works to a bug filled feature 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

On 10/13/2018 at 9:41 AM, EddyFicio said:

I loved maxthon and I have used it as my main browser for 5 years already, but there's something that is really REALLY getting me upset and is not a one in a life time issue, is something that happens multiple times in a week.

Maxthon's Passkeppers, loves and I mean it really loves, to randomly delete all the passwords. Fortunately it stops with accounts, private notes and identities, it just loves to screw arround with the passwords, I've never had that issue with older versions of maxthon (maxthon 4 and the first versions of maxthon 5) but it became my daily bread everytime I use the browser.

Top fix it I have to go to uu.me sign in, go to the passkepper section (is empty) go to back up, and check every single backup until randomly my passwords appear, so I lock that back up, and then go back to the passkepper to sync again, and Hopefully... HOPEFULLY if i'm really lucky) I will have all my passwords again, but usually I lost between 2-20 passwords each time, and when you have 200+ passwords it becomes harder to know wich one, and if you commit the HUGE mistake of using the password generatot, your account is gone for good)

Usually I only use the forum to help other users and give feedback but I really needed to complain about that issue, because is driving me nuts XD I hope you finally fixed it or I might kill myself XD (Just Kidding)

Hi EddyFicio,

Thank you for your feedback. But I never met this issue before... If you can reproduce this issue regularly please send a video of this issue to me. I will forward to the dev team.

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi EddyFicio,

Thank you for your feedback. But I never met this issue before... If you can reproduce this issue regularly please send a video of this issue to me. I will forward to the dev team.

Imagine you just open maxthon and then your sessions are closed, you juts try to re-enter into your accounts but the autofill doesn't work so you go to the passkepper to find out is empty, there's nothing flashy in there :T it goes randomly so I cannot reproduce it, I just wait until it plays with my patience XD

I opened maxthon using the portable version (latest), but as I said it happens randomly, I could see a video on youtube on my house, close maxthon, re open it and boom all my passwords gone!

It was fun while it last, good bye guys TT-TT
EquatorialGleefulArabianhorse-size_restr

Screenshots of the issue (nopthing to see there, literally XDD)

MaxthonSnap20181017103545.pngMaxthonSnap20181017103850.pngMaxthonSnap20181017103940.png

Added information: Apparently the last time it synced was when I was in my home, so the data was erased there...

• 4 weeks later...

YAY HAPPENDED AGAIN, AND I NO LONGER CAN RECOVER THEM BYA UU.ME C: lost over 200 passwords just because maxthon develpers doesnt want to solve a little insignificant bug :^) I'm so pissed off I just want to have my passwords back and store them safetly on chrome or firefox, so I could never lose them again c: 

On 10/15/2018 at 5:02 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi EddyFicio,

The problem still exists and now I cannot even recover them c; at least make an option for an user to export its passwords, you know if the service cannot be trusted at least give the end user an option to save and recover the data :T 

3 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

The problem still exists and now I cannot even recover them c; at least make an option for an user to export its passwords, you know if the service cannot be trusted at least give the end user an option to save and recover the data :T 

Certainly exporting the passwords would be a desired option (already mentioned other times), as other browsers based on chorme if they have.

6 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

Hi EddyFicio,

Please backup your local data, send your browser account and UID to me. To check the UID, you can log in my.maxthon.com.

Local data: Press "Win+R" to enter "%appdata%" then press "Enter", to find the folder "Maxthon5".

run.png

Archived