[RESOLVED] [BUG] [PC] [5.2.5.600] Passkeeper: Rewards Cards Checkout on Fandango

Does anyone else purchase movie tickets through Fandango?

When I do, Passkeeper causes a bit of a problem.  It works great through the first couple of pages, but when I come to the checkout page, it autofills the field for my Regal Crown Club rewards card number (which is remembered by Fandango and autofilled for me, before Passkeeper overwrites that value) with my e-mail address.

Fandango has some sort of validation applied to that field, because after it's automatically filled (by Fandango, with the correct value), it's grayed out so that I can't make any changes to the input.  Unfortunately, Passkeeper seems to be able to change it, because Passkeeper replaces the valid card number with my (invalid) e-mail address.  This leaves me with an invalid field that causes "Complete My Purchase" to fail every time.

Passkeeper_Fandango_Mx.5.2.5.600_2018-09

On 10/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, Secret-HQ said:

Does anyone else purchase movie tickets through Fandango?

When I do, Passkeeper causes a bit of a problem.  It works great through the first couple of pages, but when I come to the checkout page, it autofills the field for my Regal Crown Club rewards card number (which is remembered by Fandango and autofilled for me, before Passkeeper overwrites that value) with my e-mail address.

Fandango has some sort of validation applied to that field, because after it's automatically filled (by Fandango, with the correct value), it's grayed out so that I can't make any changes to the input.  Unfortunately, Passkeeper seems to be able to change it, because Passkeeper replaces the valid card number with my (invalid) e-mail address.  This leaves me with an invalid field that causes "Complete My Purchase" to fail every time.

Passkeeper_Fandango_Mx.5.2.5.600_2018-09

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I cannot reproduce this issue. Did you delete it from Passkeeper? To manage the auto-fill data, you can open the browser menu (Alt+F)--Passkeeper.

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry for the delay. I cannot reproduce this issue. Did you delete it from Passkeeper? To manage the auto-fill data, you can open the browser menu (Alt+F)--Passkeeper.

Welcome back, @BugSir006!  I hope you had a nice holiday.

I did try deleting the Passkeeper records for Fandango — there were two; one for the login page and one for the login-during-checkout page — and completing a checkout without them.  That resolved the issue (though, of course, left me without prefilled passwords).  After that, I saved just the login page, thinking if I bypassed the login-during-checkout page, I could avoid the issue — but even with only that one login saved, I had the same problem checking out.

You may need a rewards card number to reproduce the issue.  That's the field that's being overwritten with the invalid value in my checkout attempts.  (These are separate membership numbers maintained by different theater chains.  You save them to your Fandango profile so that you can earn rewards in those theaters' separate reward programs when you check out.  Because I was buying a ticket for a showing at Regal Cinemas, my Regal Cinemas reward program number was used.)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived