[5.2.5.400] Focus issue on startup

zork

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please provide a video of this issue?

It is not needed. I'm opening M5 from desktop shortcut and if you do not use the mouse, then pressing e.g. F1 does not start the alias. And cursor is not active in the address bar. If you click on the mouse in the window, it appears and everything works. Very similar to the loss of the focus of the active window.

11 hours ago, zork said:

It is not needed. I'm opening M5 from desktop shortcut and if you do not use the mouse, then pressing e.g. F1 does not start the alias. And cursor is not active in the address bar. If you click on the mouse in the window, it appears and everything works. Very similar to the loss of the focus of the active window.

Cannot reproduce.

test.mp4

20 hours ago, zork said:

And cursor is not active in the address bar.

I had a similar problem.

Only, on the contrary, on a new page, the default cursor was in the address bar and therefore it was impossible to scroll the quick access list, for this it is necessary to click the mouse on the page and then scroll. By the way, this was confirmed as a bug, but so far nothing has been decided....

• 1 month later...

I talked too about this when I used XP but this is also in Windows 10. Maxthon have problem with focus and it's the only program I have ever used which have this issue. I thought it's XP thing but it's not. It's really annoying and you should think to solve this. So if you open Maxthon you should click anywhere in window to focus it otherwise it's open but not focused. The most anoying thing is when I click Alt+Tab to switch between open windows most of then time Maxthon steal focus and I can't switch to other window or program. Always I must click other program, in taskbar. So it's very annoying focus problem. Also when you open new Incognito window it's impossible to switch between regular Maxthon and incognito Maxthon with Alt+Tab. Since year 2000 when I started to work with PC most of the time I use Alt+Tab when I go to other windows or programs. Now I must change this behavior for Maxthon. I thought it's just me as XP user but now with new laptop I'm using Windows 10 and I ask you to fix this. This issue is in all 5.1+ versions. 5.0.x didn't have this focus issue. Many times I exit Maxthon accidentaly thinking I'm focused in another program but it was Maxthon in background with focus. It's the same issue with Maxthon Portable. 

Please, consider to fix this in next versions of Maxthon.

Edit: Maybe it's extension fault? If so we sould see what extensions have in common. I mean if most of users have no focus problem.

Edit 2: I think no one cares about this issue so I will be back to version 5.0.4.3000 (again). :D I thought to make video to tell you how this focus is annoying but I think it's no use. :D

Archived