Importing IE 11 favorites?

viciii3

IE 11 has been acting stupid-er, lately and I've found that Maxthon doesn't seem to have the problems with websites I am experiencing. I have MANY IE "favorites", sorted into folders. Is there some way to export/import these "favorites" into my Maxthon "Bookmarks", keeping the file and folder structure? If I have to do it one by one it's going to take years! LOL!

Thank you much, BugSir006. One more question then...where are these Bookmarks stored on my computer? I sometimes like to view my Bookmarks in a Windows Explorer window so I can sort them by date, name, etc and then open them in Maxthon browser by clicking on them. Is that possible?

Again...thank you much

Thank you again BugSir006, but...here's what this sorry IE addict is used to doing:

Open my "Favorites" folder in Windows Explorer

Browse to the folder containing the IE faves I want to go to (camping, auto repair, home improvement, etc.)

Find the link I'm looking for in that folder and double clicking it, and it opens in IE.

My question is really...where are my Maxthon Bookmarks stored on my computer? If I can find them (which I have not been able to do, so far), that would be a start.

Just now, viciii3 said:

Thank you again BugSir006, but...here's what this sorry IE addict is used to doing:

Open my "Favorites" folder in Windows Explorer

Browse to the folder containing the IE faves I want to go to (camping, auto repair, home improvement, etc.)

Find the link I'm looking for in that folder and double clicking it, and it opens in IE.

My question is really...where are my Maxthon Bookmarks stored on my computer? If I can find them (which I have not been able to do, so far), that would be a start.

You can export favorites to IE favorites folder or HTML file.

QQ截图20180927123628.png

Local data: press "Win+R" keyboard to run %appdata%, find the folder "Maxthon5">"Users">"your browser account folder">"Favorite".

run.png

Ah, so I first import to Maxthon all my IE "favorites", then export them back to my "favorites" folder, and then double-clicking them from my "favorites" folder will open the link in Maxthon?

I would still like to know...where on my Windows 7 computer are my Maxthon Bookmarks stored? What folder are they to be found in?

16 minutes ago, viciii3 said:

where on my Windows 7 computer are my Maxthon Bookmarks stored? What folder are they to be found in?

%appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\[guest or email]\Favorite

But it's stored in an encrypted file. You can't manage it outside of Maxthon.

If that is required then you need to export the data as noted above.

In versions 5.x, if I'm not mistaken, it's in the "Molebox" folder

% appdata% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ [guest or email] \ Molebox \ Molebox.dat

I think it's a coded file. As he says @7twenty , (I had not read your paragraph :-) )

Precisely this afternoon I'm fiddling with it :-)

And the thread of this, the file Molebox.dat, it seems that it is not purged, that is, if I delete all the markers, and then the bin of the markers, the file occupies the same (I close and open maxthon, just in case) , and having empty my bookmarks, I add one more, the file Molebox.dat, keeps growing, it seems that it is not purged :-(

On 9/28/2018 at 7:20 AM, 7twenty said:

+1

i've still got a favorites folder due to the constant upgrades. I really should give it a good clean out!

got it too, last modification on june 19th which is not very long ago, and certainly after the mole box was introduced ; since I have performed several clean installs before summer (due to a status bar issue) this means maxthon recreated it, therefore I'm not sure this folder is totaly useless.

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Interesting. The files in mine are from 2017, but the folder date is today? And Maxthon has it locked when in use... so yeah, must be used for something.

Perhaps due to backward compatibility with some internal command or knowing that.

The truth is that I have deleted both the Favorite.dat files, and the backups of the folder that it also creates, and I have not noticed any difference in the treatment of the bookmarks, as it says @-ody-, it recreates it again.

If you delete / rename the Favorite folder, also recreate it again

Archived