History not loading.

ligoten

Several times lately, I have tried to access my browser history and been faced with the loading icon and no content. Most times it has eventually loaded and worked, but this is the second time in the last week that I haven't been able to wait out the problem. The first time, I temporarily removed all the History_Part_*.dat files from my UserData and when I reopened Maxthon, I had lost the last three(?) days of history. I am running v5.2.4.3000 portable and have over 40 History_Part_*.dat files dating back to late 2013. Anyone know how to fix my recent history instability? I don't want to be forced to clear out all my old history to fix this unless there is a way to export my old history data to a format I can read.

MaxthonSnap20180921032355.png

6 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

If you have deleted the History_Part_xx.dat files, you have deleted practically all the history that you had, you only have what the History.dat includes :(

I didn't actually delete them, I copied the whole history folder and only deleted one version. The old history is safe for now.

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hello,

Please try to use the latest beta v5.2.5.400.

Will do.

6 hours ago, Chantao said:

And with 

hstory-refresh.png

I have tried refreshing and it didn't help. Even a browser restart didn't help so far.

_________________________________________________________________________________

After applying the latest beta, I once again have history except for most of the last three days.

MaxthonSnap20180921144909.png

i've been getting this happen occasionally as well. Most times i'd delete the most recent history file and all will be well, at least for a while then it happens again.

Since the last time it happened, i removed (not deleted) all the history files and it's been about 3 days with no issues.

I'm not a big user of history, although it would have been handy the past few days, it's nice to have, and have it working consistently. Definitely seems there's something going on. It's not the first time this has come up for me or others.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

i've been getting this happen occasionally as well. Most times i'd delete the most recent history file and all will be well, at least for a while then it happens again.

Since the last time it happened, i removed (not deleted) all the history files and it's been about 3 days with no issues.

I'm not a big user of history, although it would have been handy the past few days, it's nice to have, and have it working consistently. Definitely seems there's something going on. It's not the first time this has come up for me or others.

It would be nice if we could export the history to a readable format if it's becoming unstable.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi ligoten,

If you still experience the issue please send a private message to me. I will send a dll file to you for checking log.

Sorry for not replying sooner; I've gotten distracted. So far, the problem hasn't reoccurred. I will keep an eye on it.

Archived