Quick Access

When you right click on a tab you can send where you are to Quick Access.  Usually when it creates a new folder it will say "new folder".  My question is how do you edit the name "new folder" and name it what you want it to be?  In other words how can we change the name "new folder" to be a more meaningful name that we want. Also how do you change the name of the files inside the folder to be what you want them to be?  If there is not a way to do it, maybe the developers can make an editor that will enable us to do it.  If there is a way to rename the folders and files I can keep things better organized instead of having them scattered from hen house to breakfast.

15 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

When you right click on a tab you can send where you are to Quick Access.  Usually when it creates a new folder it will say "new folder".  My question is how do you edit the name "new folder" and name it what you want it to be?  In other words how can we change the name "new folder" to be a more meaningful name that we want. Also how do you change the name of the files inside the folder to be what you want them to be?  If there is not a way to do it, maybe the developers can make an editor that will enable us to do it.  If there is a way to rename the folders and files I can keep things better organized instead of having them scattered from hen house to breakfast.

Just do click on the folder ! When you in there, just change the name !  That's what you mean?

drag.jpg

10 hours ago, nevergetany said:

To cchange "New Folder" to "Whatever" just double click on "New Folder" to select it and type your new name.  That's it..

To edit the name of an individual site icon, hover over it and click the "paper&pencil" icon  to edit either the URL, name, or some other properties; then click "Save."

<<SL>>

Thank you for your help; that was easy...........well almost.  I did experiment with one folder that in the "grey line" it would give the name, but the picture said "goggle".  When I put a name on the URL line......I screwed it up, and couldn't get to it anymore.  Don't know what was there, so just had to delete the file. (Yeah, I know; I should of copy and paste it to a blank folder and experimented with it there so no damage could of been done...hindsight is better than foresight {but the editing instructions sounded so easy}).  Experimented with another one on the name line (precedes the URL line) and got the message does not correspond with URL, so I erased what I put in.  So now I'm not sure how to replace the name "google" to be what I want it to say without screwing the whole URL up, and can't get to what was there. Renaming the Folder worked, Renaming the files is a bit more tricky for some of them especially when it just says "google".  Any safe way to change "google" to what I want?

1 hour ago, nevergetany said:

Thank you for your help; that was easy...........well almost.  I did experiment with one folder that in the "grey line" it would give the name, but the picture said "goggle".  When I put a name on the URL line......I screwed it up, and couldn't get to it anymore.  Don't know what was there, so just had to delete the file. (Yeah, I know; I should of copy and paste it to a blank folder and experimented with it there so no damage could of been done...hindsight is better than foresight {but the editing instructions sounded so easy}).  Experimented with another one on the name line (precedes the URL line) and got the message does not correspond with URL, so I erased what I put in.  So now I'm not sure how to replace the name "google" to be what I want it to say without screwing the whole URL up, and can't get to what was there. Renaming the Folder worked, Renaming the files is a bit more tricky for some of them especially when it just says "google".  Any safe way to change "google" to what I want?

Sorry, I never had any problem changing the QuickDial icon' name to anything.  It has no linkage to the URL other than proximity, so it should not trigger any errors.  But I've also never picked the URL line to edit, except if I was pasting a revised URL into it; amd those URLs were usually copied from the addressbox which made it a valid URL.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

<<SL>>

2 hours ago, nevergetany said:

Renaming the files is a bit more tricky for some of them especially when it just says "google". 

In the edit box there should be 2 boxes towards the top, the one on the left is the Title and on the right is the URL. Only change the text in the Title box.

Archived