v5.2.4.2000 Very slow startup

Geoff_W

I used to think that my previous v4.9.5.1000 was a slow starter, but having upgraded to the latest version, I have to say this is the worst yet. From the first splash screen to displaying my home screen takes a full minute! Chrome takes about 5 seconds and even IE manages 15 seconds, so why is MX5 so slow?

4 hours ago, Geoff_W said:

I used to think that my previous v4.9.5.1000 was a slow starter, but having upgraded to the latest version, I have to say this is the worst yet. From the first splash screen to displaying my home screen takes a full minute! Chrome takes about 5 seconds and even IE manages 15 seconds, so why is MX5 so slow?

Some details would help...

Is this happening on first-run? 

Did you login to your Maxthon account so that Mx5 was synchronizing?   

Or is this happening on every launch of Mx5? 

What varsion of Windows are you using?

I just tested Mx 5.2.4.2000 portable version for startup time: 6 sec

It was not first launch; I do login to my account; and I'm running on Win7(64bit) on a Dell Latitude 6520 with an SSD.

The only circumstances for which my startup time was at all similar to yours was first-run, logged-in, and syncing.

<<SL>>

@SnowLeopard

Yes, as you say, it's at first run, logged-in and syncing. I'm using a Sony Vaio 17" VPCEC3S0E running Win7 64bit with 6Gb RAM and 500Gb HDD (No SSD when this was made!).

As I tend to use the laptop sporadically during the day (switching it off after use each time), almost every run of MX5 is a first run, so it's always slow to start up. Tested it just now by closing MX5 and restarting it and the start-up time is around 6 seconds as you said. Just a bit of a pain then, on first start-up.

1 hour ago, Geoff_W said:

@SnowLeopard

Yes, as you say, it's at first run, logged-in and syncing. I'm using a Sony Vaio 17" VPCEC3S0E running Win7 64bit with 6Gb RAM and 500Gb HDD (No SSD when this was made!).

As I tend to use the laptop sporadically during the day (switching it off after use each time), almost every run of MX5 is a first run, so it's always slow to start up. Tested it just now by closing MX5 and restarting it and the start-up time is around 6 seconds as you said. Just a bit of a pain then, on first start-up.

The answer to your question is Quick Access page with servers located in US. Read the threads:

3 hours ago, Geoff_W said:

@SnowLeopard

I'm not using 'first-run" to refer to the first launch after turening the computer on; I mean the vert first launch of a Maxthon version after its clean installation (or, for portable, after removing a Userdata folder from Maxthon's folder.  This launch will always invoke syncing if you log into your account and that canbe a slow process.  For all other launches, the only delay (much, much less than firQA page from the serverst-run) is the delay in loading the QA from the server.  Many users have requested that the QA page for a account be stored locally as it was in Mx4 and only synced whem modified or upon user request.

I think you can avoid the QA delay by using the GUEST account (don't login when you launch (you may have to disable automatic login if you have it enabled.  In the latter case, just logout of your account; you'll be returned to the login screen where there is a link at the bottom to use the guest account.  But you won't see your usual QA page unless you've taken steps to import it.  (I can't halp with that; I haven't managed that yet.)

<<<SL>>

Sorry Zork, I don't understand the process. My Settings page doesn't have the Access Page tick box shown in your post, see picture. If I follow the link to  https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com I just get a new page opened in MX5. Would you please explain the process in a little more detail to someone who is not an expert with Maxthon. Thanks.

MaxthonSnap20180903120132.png

14 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

I think you can avoid the QA delay by using the GUEST account (don't login when you launch (you may have to disable automatic login if you have it enabled.  In the latter case, just logout of your account; you'll be returned to the login screen where there is a link at the bottom to use the guest account.  But you won't see your usual QA page unless you've taken steps to import it.  (I can't halp with that; I haven't managed that yet.)

No and no again. QA is loading every time you start the browser (you can check it yourself) and does not depend on account.

11 minutes ago, Geoff_W said:

Sorry Zork, I don't understand the process. My Settings page doesn't have the Access Page tick box shown in your post, see picture.

No one has this feature. We want to add it!

7 hours ago, zork said:

No and no again. QA is loading every time you start the browser (you can check it yourself) and does not depend on account.

No one has this feature. We want to add it!

I know a QA page loads in guest and account modes but they are different.  I thought rom reading sdme traffic on here that the guest QA page was locally stored.  I also remember instructions in some threads on how to get the account QA copied to the guest QA.  If that can be done or if a custom QA can be manually created (and preserved), that tells me the QA (custom QA??) IS stored locally.

Do you happen to know how to pull the QA from my login account to the guest account?  SEARCH in Forum is getting me nowhere - guess I don't frame the question correctly.

<<SL>>

13 hours ago, 7twenty said:

don't believe you can. It's an encrypted file \, so you can't just copy/paste it, and there's no export option for it.

I did discover that copy/paste doesn't work and thoughht it might be encription interfering.  I've already started down the manual path.

<<SL>>

Archived