Quick Access page loading issues

zork

The main enemy of the user is the on-line quick access page - pc-newtab.maxthon.com

Dev's do not care about the constant complaints that the browser is loaded very, very long due to on-line QA page.

Dev's do not respond to requests - 

Dev's live in their own world...  unfortunately...

28 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Shut off the network, open new tab page.

That's not what I meant. I wrote about something completely different. When you start the browser, it always takes a very long time to connect the server where the QA page is located. In any case, Maxthon makes a request to https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com . Turning off the network does not give anything. It is necessary to turn off the request to the server. Make QA page completely autonomous from the network and synchronize only on the user's request.

Untitled-1.png

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

They have recorded this request. :)

do you file them in a round bin or a square one - whichever i doubt anything will ever happen

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

16 minutes ago, 17167647 said:

What is there to discuss? Loading Quick Access page locally will always be faster than downloading it form some server in Cina or anywhere else in the world.

I have 100/10 connection and starting Maxthon sucks every day.

i cannot remember the last time i changed my quick access page - i dont need a server in China - my harddrive is good enough to store the data

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

i cannot remember the last time i changed my quick access page - i dont need a server in China - my harddrive is good enough to store the data

Hi, Tony! It does not matter -  you change the QA page or not.  Even in offline Max tries to connect to the "China" (the server is located in US - IP 151.139.241.18 and simple ping from USA is 30x faster compare to my location) server first (https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com ) We don't need this.  We need:

On 8/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, zork said:

Make QA page completely autonomous from the network and synchronize only on the user's request.

I understand why they've done this, having your data everywhere is the "latest thing". It's no doubt handy if you login elsewhere to have your data there, but it seems odd that QA doesn't have a local only option.

As shown in the image above, almost everything else, from settings to extensions and favourites, all have the option to sync or not, yet QA - which is basically a riff on favourites - doesn't get that option?

Odd to say the least.

But they do have a fallback to still show the cached version if the site can't be accessed. Although the talk now seems to be more the time it takes to download/display, rather than it not displaying at all, which I believe was the problem previously.

Also odd that the fix is relatively simple looking from the outside in, yet it can't/won't be implemented.

Add a check box to the sync page and the code in nutshell would be:

If SyncQAbox = True (
	goto syncQA()
    ) else (
    goto loadQAcache()
    )
End if

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 7:15 AM, BugSir006 said:

They will plan to develop this function after the 8th of October 2018, but I cannot confirm the date of this new version which has this function.

an update on the time scale would be useful - this year - next year or when Maxthon10 is released

Archived