If I System Restore, will Maxthon's cloud save my up-to-date Favorites lineup?

I had a recent blue screen crash that wiped out most of my Maxthon history. I am intending to do a System Restore to see if I can recover it that way.

I add to my Maxthon favorites on an almost daily basis, so I don't want to lose any in the System restore. Will the most current set of my Favorites automatically be saved by the Maxthon cloud? I could just copy the folder called Favorites to another drive, but I am concerned at the July 14 Modified dates that show there. (See screenshots)

Favorite directory.png

favbackup folder.png

System Restoring.rtf

16 hours ago, conceptualclarity said:

so I don't want to lose any in the System restore

it depends on when the last system restore point was created, and what exactly it includes in the backup.

If you use a passport account (i think you do given the info shown above), extract, run and sign-in using a portable version of Maxthon. Check what favourites data gets imported. If it's all up to date as expected then do a sync on your main system to ensure all the latest cloud data is downloaded. If that only shows the older data, up to july 14, then you have lost it somehow. Unless you have a local backup, then i don't think you will get it back.

If you use a passport account (i think you do given the info shown above), extract, run and sign-in using a portable version of Maxthon. Check what favourites data gets imported. If it's all up to date as expected then do a sync on your main system to ensure all the latest cloud data is downloaded.

Thank you very much for your advice. I have opened a Maxthon Portable for the first time, and it immediately recognized me. I put it on a secondary hard drive which I don't believe should be affected by the System Restore. It is showing an up-to-date configuration for bookmarks.

As you can see in the screenshot attached, I have two mostly redundant bookmark folders, "Bookmarks" and "Favorites-2018-3-10...."  I have been desiring to put those two bookmark folders in folder comparison software and sync them and then delete "Favorites-2018-3-10...." unless there is a good reason to keep it. But how do I find those folders on Windows Explorer so I can utilize them on comparison software?

Maxthon bookmarks-crop.png

The question was will the system restore bring my maxthon history back:

the answer is NO

If you want to know all about restore check out on the web, it will take too long to explain here

Is your history stored on the cloud i don't know; so your favorites yes if you got an account

voodoo child

9 hours ago, conceptualclarity said:

But how do I find those folders on Windows Explorer so I can utilize them on comparison software?

They're not folders, they're saved as files that only Maxthon can read (at least not without a lot of effort).

If you want to do a comparison, easiest way would probably be export them - Menu > Tools > Import/export userdata > Export bookmarks > Export to IE Favourites folder, then use any file/folder comparison program to do the compare.

Archived