projektilski

Maxthon updated to v5.2.4.2000

19 posts in this topic

it was released to the testers here the other day - why its not on the main site is a mystery but then most of what they do is just that - a mystery

3 people like this

Yes, the version 5.2.4.2000 has been pushed to beta users. Engineers hope to receive some feedback to help improve next release...

Posted (edited)

I don't know how we can give feedback if we don't know what has been changed. 

Also, I use Maxthon on multiple PCs with the same account and only one of them got the update. Other say that I'm up to date which clearly I'm not.

I don't like this at all.

Edited by projektilski

5 minutes ago, projektilski said:

I don't know how we can give feedback if we don't know what has been changed. 

Also, I use Maxthon on multiple PCs with the same account and only one of them got the update. Other say that I'm up to date which clearly I'm not.

I don't like this at all.

Only the beta (5.2.4.100-1200) user will get that. You can report here or send email to help@maxthon.com if you experience some issues.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Only the beta (5.2.4.100-1200) user will get that. You can report here or send email to help@maxthon.com if you experience some issues.

All PCs are on beta 5.2.4.1200 & logged in the same account and still only one got the mistery update.

mx5.png

Edited by projektilski

47 minutes ago, projektilski said:

All PCs are on beta 5.2.4.1200 & logged in the same account and still only one got the mistery update.

mx5.png

It will be pushed in batches in several days won't be updated at the same time.

I test MX Betas and I haven't received it either. Is it just for internal testers?

Just received (in UK) the update to 5.2.4.2000 via updater. I've never used updater before as I clean install updates. Is this going to be standard procedure from now on?

I prefer to download betas and install them on all PCs I use. It has been days and still nothing on the Maxthon site. No changelog, no nothing. 

Not cool, not cool at all.

Posted (edited)

Just done a clean install of MX 5.2.4.2000 (see post above) and have been asked for permission to install a file called MxDoctor. Never seen this before. Anybody know what this is? Still no change log so can't comment on fixes etc.

Now officially available from here http://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/mx5.2.4.2000.exe and http://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/maxthon_portable_5.2.4.2000.7z

Change log is here http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/changelog/

Seems to be stable version not Beta.

Edited by Magdalene

2 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Just done a clean install of MX 5.2.4.2000 (see post above) and have been asked for permission to install a file called MxDoctor. Never seen this before. Anybody know what this is? Still no change log so can't comment on fixes etc.

i saw the file in the latest releases - its in the bin directory - as to what it does - no idea - i tried to run it as a separate exe file and nothing seemed to happen - i renamed it so whatever it does maxthon cannot call it

Is it the "Fix it" function in MxUnInstall.exe

MaxthonSnap20180823182347.png

dont think so as its in the portable version - that said they have never been good at keeping things tidy so who knows?

There is a new version now mx5.2.4.2000 but when you install the update version 5.2.3.6000 still appears. Do you have to perform a clean installation or what is happening?

13 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Just done a clean install of MX 5.2.4.2000 (see post above) and have been asked for permission to install a file called MxDoctor.

It's a defense mechanism. To protect Maxthon from launching messy code.