History problem

Hello everyone, since a few days I have a problem with the history in Mx version 5.1.1.1000.
The daily history is no longer stored when I close the pages.
Has a maximum accumulated history space perhaps Mx?
I have ten months of accumulated chronology, could this be the problem?
The fact is that I do not want to lose it because it is convenient to find the past pages, so I did not want to try to empty it and try again if that was the problem.

I tried to restart Mx first, then to clear caches and cookies but nothing changed. Mx is used in offline mode without connecting to the account ..... I do not want to export my history online.
Can someone help me solve anyway?
Thank you !!!

9 hours ago, whiteheadhawk said:

Mx version 5.1.1.1000.

You're on quite an old version. You should update to the latest: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/ 

9 hours ago, whiteheadhawk said:

The daily history is no longer stored when I close the pages.
Has a maximum accumulated history space perhaps Mx?
I have ten months of accumulated chronology, could this be the problem?

There is no limit. It's more than likely a corrupted history save file.

Unfortunately the only fix that i'm aware of will lead to some loss of history data, depending on when the most recent file was created.

To try and fix the issue:

1 / Close Maxthon.
2 / Open Windows Explorer and type "%appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest\History" into the address bar. A folder should open with all your history data files.
3 / Create a new folder and copy all the files into it to keep as a backup.
4 / In the main folder (history), find the History.dat.vl file and rename it to history.dat.vl.old
5 / Restart Maxthon. Your history should start working properly again.

The size of the History.dat.vl file will dictate how much history data you will lose. 3.2mb is the max file size before it's archived. So the smaller the file is the less data you will lose when you rename the file.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You're on quite an old version. You should update to the latest: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/ 

There is no limit. It's more than likely a corrupted history save file.

Unfortunately the only fix that i'm aware of will lead to some loss of history data, depending on when the most recent file was created.

To try and fix the issue:

1 / Close Maxthon.
2 / Open Windows Explorer and type "%appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest\History" into the address bar. A folder should open with all your history data files.
3 / Create a new folder and copy all the files into it to keep as a backup.
4 / In the main folder (history), find the History.dat file and rename it to history.old
5 / Restart Maxthon. Your history should start working properly again.

The size of the History.dat file will dictate how much history data you will lose. 3.2mb is the max file size before it's archived. So the smaller the file is the less data you will lose when you rename the file.

Well, not knowing right now, (always if it exists), another way to solve the problem without losing data, I think I will try this solution.

Thanks again !!!

Archived