Maxthon 5.2.3.5000

Ryu

I apologize for putting this here but I cannot comment on the news page SO...

I just downloaded Maxthon 5.2.3.5000 and now practically every site I visit tells me it has an expired certificate.

While it is great I can now bypass the notification to get to sites I was previously locked out, of now every site has expired certificates.

There may be other issues but I had to switch to the previous version for now.

Just thought I'd post this. Again I apologize for posting this topic here.

8 hours ago, Ryu said:

I apologize for putting this here but I cannot comment on the news page SO...

I just downloaded Maxthon 5.2.3.5000 and now practically every site I visit tells me it has an expired certificate.

While it is great I can now bypass the notification to get to sites I was previously locked out, of now every site has expired certificates.

There may be other issues but I had to switch to the previous version for now.

Just thought I'd post this. Again I apologize for posting this topic here.

Hi Ryu,

Could you please provide a screenshot for us?

At this time I cannot post a screen shot however I am NOT using passport. All I know is that many of the sites (not all of them) I that I could readily access with the previous browser now gives me the "Expired Certificate" window.

Again..I really appreciate that you fixed this issue however it is..ummm...too fixed?

Other than that the 5.2.3.5000 works nice. Look forward to the release of 5.2.4.1200 final version.

8 hours ago, Ryu said:

At this time I cannot post a screen shot however I am NOT using passport. All I know is that many of the sites (not all of them) I that I could readily access with the previous browser now gives me the "Expired Certificate" window.

Again..I really appreciate that you fixed this issue however it is..ummm...too fixed?

Other than that the 5.2.3.5000 works nice. Look forward to the release of 5.2.4.1200 final version.

You can also send a URL to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter right now because even with the newest 5.2.3.6000 there are still issues.

For example I go to a virtual pet site called Egg Cave. Now when I click on my pets, for example, certain aspects won't load as where with the earlier version 5.2.3.4000 (which I am using now) I have no issues save for that certificate thing.

I will say that with the latest version even youtube videos load better. 

It seems to me that once you guys "fixed" the issue with pages not loading because of certificate demands then many other things went haywire. I want to be able to use maxthons latest versions because it is one of the few I can still use with Windows XP. Firefox is useless and others just are not not useful anymore.

I am certain that I am not the only one who is experiencing issues with the newer versions so I hope loading issues as well as certificate issues can be refined. I still like Maxthon but there are a.....few issues that still need some tweaks.

Here is one example I am experiencing with 5.2.3.6000...http//:theoatmeal.com.

One the sideright panel is links to the webmasters Instagram stuff only now it won't load and I cannot get it to ignore certificate issues as where with the version I am using now (5.2.3.4000) I have no issue (using XP also). So since everything worked before the new versions of Maxthon was released, I can see that this is not because of my OS.

Anyways..I will still use my current version (5.2.3.4000) until this issue is hammered out. This really shouldn't be happening but I also understand that programming can be a real pain so please don't be put off by my critiques...it is not my intention to be harsh. Maybe better user controls or something? Anywhoo...I still like Maxthon....

Archived