MX5 v5.2.4.1100 installation freezes

9 hours ago, standa99 said:

Installation MX5 v5.2.4.1100 (the same v5.2.4.800) freezes to 5% in Win10 Pro 1803 (build 17134.165, Czech language). 

No, it froze on your computer installation. It didn't freeze on mine and installed without a hitch. Your version of Windows 10 is irrelevant. How you attempted to install it is all that matters. That's one thing that most people that come here to complain fail to be specific about and it really matters. Was it into a new folder, over a previous final version, over a previous beta version, etc. I never install a new beta over a final version and when the beta becomes a final, I install it into a new folder. I never let Maxthon Installer choose my installation folder. Many people don't realize that Maxthon doesn't have to be installed into a folder named MX5 or Maxthon 5. It can be installed into any named folder you want it to be installed into. So just how did you attempt to install this new beta version? 

The new version is no problem installing. Somewhat changed translation, something in English (in version 5.2.4.700 it was O.K.) and the favorites do not update to the latest version, it used the older version.

Thank you very much BugSir006. 

Explanation of the first post: 

Version 5.2.4.800 did not install (5.2.4.700 was O.K.), I waited if the next beta version resolved. The video is from VirtualBox when it was a clean installation that did not work.

mx5-transl.png

59 minutes ago, standa99 said:

The new version is no problem installing. Somewhat changed translation, something in English (in version 5.2.4.700 it was O.K.) and the favorites do not update to the latest version, it used the older version.

Hi standa99,

Thank you for your feedback. It has been reported to the dev team. :wink:

1 hour ago, standa99 said:

Version 5.2.4.800 did not install (5.2.4.700 was O.K.), I waited if the next beta version resolved. The video is from VirtualBox when it was a clean installation that did not work.

I have discussed this issue with our testers. Usually, it caused by the installation package, it means that the installation package hasn't been downloaded properly.

Archived