MX Mobile UI issues... let's make a list!

I like this thread: 

, but since the Desktop version and the Mobile version UI are so different, I think it's worth to have them in 2 separate threads. 

So following this post: 

I agree on most of what @17167647 says, and I will add a few comments:

First of all, thank you for moving "My Sites" to the main screen in version 5.2.2.3225, it was hard to realize that you had to shift right to see them... 

1) Links on My Sites should be editable. I am fine if you put them by default, but please... these links and "My Sites" should be the exactly same thing.  So put them inside of My Sites if you want, but let me remove them.

MaxthonSnap20180721222237.png

2) These buttons bellow should not be there... they are hard to find and:
- First button to the left is redundant, you can close pages by shifting them down or up. It's faster and more convenient, so we don't really need the button.
- Second button to the left is redundant, you can also find the incognito mode in the 3 dots menu... and with a different icon! why? That makes it even more confusing. Just remove this one please.
- Third button: to create a new page: I don't think you need to come to this menu if you want to open a new page... There is a better place for this button... Keep reading.

MaxthonSnap20180721222642.png

3) Use the ghost icon for the incognito mode! It's more intuitive than the foot AND when you go to incognito mode you can see a small ghost, so why not just use the same icon?

MaxthonSnap20180721223232.png

4) You can access both favorites and notes either from the menu in your profile (top left) or the 4 squares in the bottom right corner. However they look somehow different. This is a bit confusing... just leave one of them... same format. 

MaxthonSnap20180721223658.png

5) Going forward is redundant here, because you also have the button on the top left corner when you are in a page.
Closing button is also redundant because you have the previusly explaining. 
This! is the proper place where the "new tab" button should be placed!  So you have the "new page" and "new note" together which is more coherent. 

MaxthonSnap20180721224025.png

6) Adding a page to favorites is not something that happens that often as to have the button there...  And is is more consistent if you put it in the same place than the Desktop browser, where users are used to. So I would move it from the bottom to the URL bar. 

MaxthonSnap20180721224247.png

Any thoughts people? :)

3 hours ago, Arcan said:

3) Use the ghost icon for the incognito mode! It's more intuitive than the foot AND when you go to incognito mode you can see a small ghost, so why not just use the same icon?

Agree with this. Maxthon have a history of lack of consistency, it's not surprising things like this happen. What's more annoying is that it's an easy fix... let's see how long till it's acknowledged, let alone fixed.

4 hours ago, Arcan said:

5) Going forward is redundant here, because you also have the button on the top left corner when you are in a page.
This! is the proper place where the "new tab" button should be placed!  So you have the "new page" and "new note" together which is more coherent. 

Not sure where this is?: you also have the button on the top left corner when you are in a page.

You're right that it's useless on the home page.

The M button already acts a new tab button, so changing forward to new tab would be just as useless. I can't think of what else it could be used for though.

Only reason i can of why it's always there is (strangely enough) to keep things consistent. Having it change from forward to something else all the time might be a little jarring for some users.

It seems the forward button also isn't context sensitive. It always shows as active/available even though there isn't a page to go to. Needs to be fixed to show when it's available (blue) or not (grey).

4 hours ago, Arcan said:

6) Adding a page to favorites is not something that happens that often as to have the button there...  And is is more consistent if you put it in the same place than the Desktop browser, where users are used to. So I would move it from the bottom to the URL bar. 

It's pointless adding to that search/address bar as it only acts like a button taking you to the search page. Adding it to the actual address bar when showing a page would be the  equivalent, but doing that may make it too busy.

Also adding UI elements to the top of the screen really is backwards when your hands are on the bottom. That's one thing that Microsoft got right with Windows Phone...but that's another topic entirely...

4 hours ago, Arcan said:

No it's not, going to the tab switcher just to close a page creates more movement for no great gain. It should stay as is. It's a quick motion and works well.

What do you think about (2) and (4) ? You didn't say anything.

5) Sorry yes, I was wrong. I mixed it with the version 4 of MX mobile.  The backward button is on the bottom left of the app when you are in a page. It makes sense to have the forward button in the bottom right of the app... instead of there...  

6) ok.

¡Then at least you agree with me in 3 and 5!

Archived