MX5 - tabs under the address bar

its not happened yet and its been asked for - a couple of lines of code to change if you fancy having a go - no easy way as they have never added skin support

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

they are not interested in any other skin but the stock one it would seem - if you want anything you need to learn how they are coded - in truth for a simple mod like that its not difficult but each release can have code changes in the UI so keeping up with them is the problem

@caligula73

tabs under address bar - copy file to installed dir - back up orig first

comes with some warnings

1- i tested quickly so there might be things i got wrong

2 - its a pretty late build of their main.dat UI file so should work ok with newer or older builds - but they are constantly changing bits of the code so it may newer fixes will not be there

3 - any new install will over write the modified skin so you will need to reinstall

you say you know nothing about coding - i was at that level a few years ago - in fact i still know nothing about coding but have learnt how to understand what things do and the logic of skins - if you want to continue to use maxthon into the future with this simple mod you need to learn a little bit - its not hard - cannot be as i can do it!!

UIMain.dat

Thanks Tony. What I observed: I can't access the menu icon as the minimize button and the Customize UI buttons overlap and take precedent and hiding just about everything in the tools toolbar doesn't help. I do appreciate the effort and have hoped for this for some time but have given up doing it myself a while ago. Snow Leopard had a modified set of dat files for a while that did the trick for me but they too stopped working for me, as you have pointed out due to code changes in the UI files. Thanks again.

hmmmmm no real idea rick - maybe a screen res thing - works for me

hmmm.png

you can try this modified one - have moved the menu button left - like i say the only way to get what you want is do it yourself - simple stuff like this are easy enough to do

UIMain.dat

Thanks for trying Tony, really. But now the menu icon is completely under the customize UI icon and is not able to be clicked. And as far as doing it myself, I have tried in the past and have no clue where to begin changing anything as I don't know what lines do what. For this modified dat file to work for me, the whole quick tools part needs to move to the left. Look it's not that big a deal for me and on top of that, I use a utility called Display Fusion that adds 2 icons on the top bar to be used to switch monitors of the open program (which I can enable and disable but mostly leave them enabled), so I don't want you to waste any more of your time trying to help me solve a problem I have come to learn to live with.

Maxthon Toolbar Example1.jpg This what I get without the Display Fusion icons enabledMaxthon Toolbar Example2.jpg And this is what I have with the Display Fusion icons enabled. I have a three monitor setup and the Display Fusion stuff makes it easier than dragging to move windows from one monitor to the other and as noted and shown with the screen shots the icons can be easily enabled or disabled if they are in the way of accessing other icons on the Quick Tools bar, so not really of concern with this particular dat file modification. I recall you saying that you use your own modified skin so does that have anything to do with why I see a different toolbar than you do? Just curious and I still thank you for trying to help me with this.

(I didn't take a screen shot of the first modified file's results but may do that as well so that you can see what your changes produced, but I have to finish this and close the browser to do that, so I may come back with an edit) 

Edit: This is what I see with your first modified dat file:Maxthon Toolbar Example3.jpg

So you see now what I was talking about. I post just for your knowledge and have no idea why it does this for me and not for you but it's been fun playing around with it all. And I should have mentioned that this is all using MX5.2.4.100. Thanks again for your interest.

have no idea Rick other than your extension may be screwing it up - all i do is increase the gap between the right side and the quick tools - its one setting in the code - my grab above shows it works perfectly - it may be a screen res thing - it may be many things 

my skin is nothing to do with it i believe - the dat file posted above is created from a standard file with just the bits altered to move the tabs under the address bar - it may be the version - i used an dat file from an earlier build - i again say the only way to keep up with their changes is for users to learn how to do the mods - theres too many releases with too many changes with no easy way to add modified code

Archived