Windows taskbar problem

I have "Hide Taskbar" option enabled in Windows. The problem is sometimes I can't bring taskbar up if there is a Maxthon window maximized. Maxton blocks the bottom of the screen like if it was the topmost window. Then in a hour or two I notice that everything is fine again. I can't reproduce this bug, but you can achieve the same result if you start Task Manager, make it topmost and maximize it. Maxthon behaves the same.

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

give me more specific information?

• Turn on "hide taskbar" in windows settings.
  • Maximise Maxthon.
  • Move mouse to the bottom of the screen (or where ever the taskbar is set to).
  • Taskbar should popup over the Maxthon window. OP is saying that it isn't popping up over  Maxthon.

7 hours ago, Sergey_K said:

Is it meant to maximize to full-screen size? By pressing the F11 key?

No, normal window maximise. OP mentions Task Manager which doesn't have a fullscreen option.

Also when using the F11 fullscreen option, even with the taskbar always on, it is hidden and can't be shown unless the application is windowed again. So it's not the F11 option they're talking about.

16 hours ago, 7twenty said:

No, normal window maximise. OP mentions Task Manager which doesn't have a fullscreen option.

Also when using the F11 fullscreen option, even with the taskbar always on, it is hidden and can't be shown unless the application is windowed again. So it's not the F11 option they're talking about.

Exactly.

Not F11. Just maxhimize, not fullscreen.

In fullscreen mode taskbar should not show up, it's normal.But it should pop up over maximized windows when I move mouse to the bottom of the screen which is not happening with Maxhton roughly 2 of 3 times.

What version of windows do you use?

I tried to reproduce it with the last two versions (satble and beta) and with the last of the serious 5.1, and windows 10x64, and for now it is working well (I have the bar on the left side, but I have also tried the bar in the down)

Do you have any more data to be able to reproduce it?

I have this problem too. Can't seem to bring up my hidden windows taskbar (on the left side) after surfing Maxthon for a while.

This problem started surfacing on and off in the last 2 versions of Maxthon. Can't reproduce the issue exactly.

Low priority for me, cos I can just use the windows key on keyboard to bring up the taskbar.

Thanks @7twenty Now I can understand.

19 hours ago, Simon Sim said:

I have this problem too. Can't seem to bring up my hidden windows taskbar (on the left side) after surfing Maxthon for a while.

This problem started surfacing on and off in the last 2 versions of Maxthon. Can't reproduce the issue exactly.

Low priority for me, cos I can just use the windows key on keyboard to bring up the taskbar.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:25 PM, Olgir said:

I have "Hide Taskbar" option enabled in Windows. The problem is sometimes I can't bring taskbar up if there is a Maxthon window maximized. Maxton blocks the bottom of the screen like if it was the topmost window. Then in a hour or two I notice that everything is fine again. I can't reproduce this bug, but you can achieve the same result if you start Task Manager, make it topmost and maximize it. Maxthon behaves the same.

Same as other issues,  we need reproduce in order to solve. What's the frequency of your reproduce? or after using Maxthon for how long time it happened?

Thanks @Olgir provided the system info and version. We will try to test on the same system. @Simon Please provide us your system info and specific version

Any reproduce information will help us. For example: use maxthon for 1 or 2 hour, this issue happened.

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Same as other issues,  we need reproduce in order to solve. What's the frequency of your reproduce? or after using Maxthon for how long time it happened?

It's takes roughly 15 minutes to bug, maybe faster.

You are just surfing and doing stuff and then you try to bring up taskbar with your mouse, but too bad, it's already bugged.

Also, if it helps: you can fix this by restoring and maximizing window again. But ~15 minutes later it bugs again.

2 hours ago, Olgir said:

It's takes roughly 15 minutes to bug, maybe faster.

You are just surfing and doing stuff and then you try to bring up taskbar with your mouse, but too bad, it's already bugged.

Also, if it helps: you can fix this by restoring and maximizing window again. But ~15 minutes later it bugs again.

Some new info. I've figured out that Maxthon does not actually prevents taskbar from popping up, Maxthon just stands in front of it and you can't see nor interact with it.

For example, you get a Telegram Message, taskbar pops up, but you can't see it until you minimize or restore Maxthon, because Maxthon is in front of it for some reason. It's like it does something like Maxthon.BringWindowToTop() and brings Maxthon over the taskbar in Z-order.

17 hours ago, Olgir said:

Some new info. I've figured out that Maxthon does not actually prevents taskbar from popping up, Maxthon just stands in front of it and you can't see nor interact with it.

For example, you get a Telegram Message, taskbar pops up, but you can't see it until you minimize or restore Maxthon, because Maxthon is in front of it for some reason. It's like it does something like Maxthon.BringWindowToTop() and brings Maxthon over the taskbar in Z-order.

We reproduce this issue on win system. I will follow up this issue. Will report here if confirm as bug or solve.

Thanks for you support. Due to your help, we can reproduce this issue.:5884970a7da3a_1:

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

We reproduce this issue on win system. I will follow up this issue. Will report here if confirm as bug or solve.

Thanks for you support. Due to your help, we can reproduce this issue.:5884970a7da3a_1:

If it helps you further: I found a way to reproduce this easily. Just minimize and then maximize Maxthon again. It does the trick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived