A very big file in UserData, not before v5.0.4.3000

I always use portable version (since MX3, MX4, ... until MX5 now). Each time I downlaod a newer portable version, I unzip its contents and overwrite directly into a fixed-named folder, say d:\maxthon portable. So the Userdata grows since MX3. Maxthon always run ok, though.

Recently I notice my Userdata folder has size 1.28. After digging into the folder, I find there's a very big file, about 1.28G. Its relative path of this file is: UserData\Users\guest\File System\050\p\00.

I've kept a backup of my Maxthon portable folder few. The size of UserData in it is only 200MB. So this big file must be generated by some MX5 version after 5.4..3000.

Why it grows so big? Can I delete it directly? And what are those number-named folders, e.g. 010, 011, 045, 050 ... ,etc. within File System folder?

Just what version are you talking about? There is no version 5.0.4.3000 or 5.4..3000. The latest beta is 5.2.4.100 and the last official version is 5.2.3.3000. And MX5 uses a different data file than MX3 (and MX4 uses the MX3 folder).

On 6/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, scottchu.tw said:

Recently I notice my Userdata folder has size 1.28. After digging into the folder, I find there's a very big file, about 1.28G. Its relative path of this file is: UserData\Users\guest\File System\050\p\00.

That is usually a temporary file that you have downloaded for example, mega, dropbox, or any service for large files. (try to unzip it with 7zip or another tool, it can give you an idea)

Archived