Maxthon Fonts

Hi there,

I'm new to Maxthon but I have some issues regarding the fonts...

I play a browser game and always used Google Chrome and I always saw all fonts.

I recently changed to Maxthon and it works smoother, however, the fonts became squares some of them and I have no idea how to change them... I tried in the Encodings some stuff but didn't work.

I hope someone can help me out how to fix this.

Thank you in advance

5 hours ago, outback said:

Hi there,

I'm new to Maxthon but I have some issues regarding the fonts...

I play a browser game and always used Google Chrome and I always saw all fonts.

I recently changed to Maxthon and it works smoother, however, the fonts became squares some of them and I have no idea how to change them... I tried in the Encodings some stuff but didn't work.

I hope someone can help me out how to fix this.

Thank you in advance

Assalamu Alaikum
What's your main computer language?
What's the game main language?

9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Menu > settings > advanced > Web page display. Make sure it's set to "default font"

If that doesn't work, i'm not sure what else it could be.

Maybe offer some details on the game you're playing.

Hi, thank you for the help. However it didn't help.

The game I play is http://seafight.com it's using an UTF-8 Language (I believe as Im not an expert in this kind of stuff)

6 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Assalamu Alaikum
What's your main computer language?
What's the game main language?

I have no idea to be honest, I use the default as I believe it is UTF-8 aswell just using an azerty keyboard on default settings too.

The game I play is http://seafight.com it's using an UTF-8 Language (I believe as Im not an expert in this kind of stuff)

Maybe you guys coud check it out yourself on their page.

http://prntscr.com/jwphlk Look at the yellow text, the ''Ɲ¤S''  This is a screenshot using Google Chrome.

http://prntscr.com/jwpi7y Look at the yellow text, the ''Ɲ¤S'' again,  it became a square (the N) This is a screenshot using Maxthon.

Hope any of you find a solution, 

Thank you for the help already.

Regards

2 hours ago, outback said:

I have no idea to be honest, I use the default as I believe it is UTF-8 aswell just using an azerty keyboard on default settings too.

Maybe you guys coud check it out yourself on their page

I was referring to your native language. Is it English? The letter N your meant isn't English I guess.
Are you using English as the main Maxthon language? like mine take a look

maxthon language.png

4 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

I was referring to your native language. Is it English? The letter N your meant isn't English I guess.
Are you using English as the main Maxthon language? like mine take a look

maxthon language.png

Yes, I have it like this

Maxthon.png

11 hours ago, outback said:

http://prntscr.com/jwphlk Look at the yellow text, the ''Ɲ¤S''  This is a screenshot using Google Chrome.

http://prntscr.com/jwpi7y Look at the yellow text, the ''Ɲ¤S'' again,  it became a square (the N) This is a screenshot using Maxthon.

Where did you copy/paste the ''Ɲ¤S'' above from? Or did you type that in? The fact that it's showing correctly on the forum seems to indicate that it's not that Maxthon can't display it, but more than likely it's using a font that doesn't have that character.

EDIT: having another look at the images, they are using different fonts. So what i described above is more than likely the problem. The question now is why it isn't using the same font as what Chrome does?

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Where did you copy/paste the ''Ɲ¤S'' above from? Or did you type that in? The fact that it's showing correctly on the forum seems to indicate that it's not that Maxthon can't display it, but more than likely it's using a font that doesn't have that character.

EDIT: having another look at the images, they are using different fonts. So what i described above is more than likely the problem. The question now is why it isn't using the same font as what Chrome does?

This Ɲ¤S is an example, there are users which use a lot more different fonts and are surely not 1 same language probably over 25 different ones..

However I know users who use maxthon there aswell, but they see all the fonts. And I don't see why I wouldn't see them using maxthon

Someone told me to change the character encoding or something from my flash player

Someone told me it has something to do with my PC but then yet I do not understand it..

I hope you can still help me out,

Thank you for the help already.

Regards

[EDIT: I have installed maxthon on my laptop, and here I can see the fonts, this means it has something to do with my PC right? (My laptop is windows 10, my PC windows 8)]

7 hours ago, outback said:

this means it has something to do with my PC right?

Yeah, more than likely.

Does the text on the Win10 laptop look like the text with the square or like the one with the correct character?

If it looks like the correct one, then it should just be a matter of finding out which font it is and adding it to the Win8.1 system.

13 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Yeah, more than likely.

Does the text on the Win10 laptop look like the text with the square or like the one with the correct character?

If it looks like the correct one, then it should just be a matter of finding out which font it is and adding it to the Win8.1 system.

I can read it properly (not a square) on my laptop.

I have upgraded my desktop to Windows 10 now too, but still have the issue.

How can I find which font is being used in the laptop?

Regards

23 hours ago, outback said:

I have upgraded my desktop to Windows 10 now too, but still have the issue.

How can I find which font is being used in the laptop?

Could mean that it's a font that was added by another program, or from the site itself, but for some reason is being blocked.

The fact that Maxthon does show it correctly on another system means you can discount it being a browser issue.

On 21-6-2018 at 3:51 PM, 7twenty said:

Could mean that it's a font that was added by another program, or from the site itself, but for some reason is being blocked.

The fact that Maxthon does show it correctly on another system means you can discount it being a browser issue.

I have installed the version of Maxthon 2012, Here I see the fonts (which is strange..) 

I have another issue:http://prntscr.com/jyji8u

Is it possible to seperate those and have them in different windows?

I can't do it somehow and I'm trying to seperate those but I can't.

Hope you can help me a last time.

Regards

2 hours ago, outback said:

If you're using the most recent versions then you can drag and drop the link into a new window.

The old versions of maxthon didn't support that. You may be able to open a window, just make sure the option in settings to "allow more than one window" is enabled. Although i'm not sure if all versions supported that.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, 7twenty said:

If you're using the most recent versions then you can drag and drop the link into a new window.

The old versions of maxthon didn't support that. You may be able to open a window, just make sure the option in settings to "allow more than one window" is enabled. Although i'm not sure if all versions supported that.

What is the difference then between the older version and the newer as in fonts?

I see the fonts on the old one but not in the new.

Regards

On 6/23/2018 at 0:20 AM, outback said:

I have installed the version of Maxthon 2012, Here I see the fonts (which is strange..) 

I have another issue:http://prntscr.com/jyji8u

I can't do it somehow and I'm trying to seperate those but I can't.

Hope you can help me a last time.

Regards

You can do that by left clicking and dragging the tab to make it in a separate window

On 25-6-2018 at 4:21 AM, Mhzayer said:

You can do that by left clicking and dragging the tab to make it in a separate window

Sure, do you also know what is the font difference between the old and newer version of Maxton?

Regards

Archived