Can't play video's on abc.iview.net.au

• 1 month later...

The error you're getting might be region related? Not sure?

But the site works fine on every other browser tested with on my system (Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi).

So it's definitely a Maxthon only issue.

From the console.log:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () wv-keyos.licensekeyserver.com/

So looks like it might be DRM/licensekey related. None of the other browsers show any errors like this.

16 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The error you're getting might be region related? Not sure?

But the site works fine on every other browser tested with on my system (Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi).

So it's definitely a Maxthon only issue.

From the console.log:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () wv-keyos.licensekeyserver.com/

So looks like it might be DRM/licensekey related. None of the other browsers show any errors like this.

Hi 7twenty,

Could you please try to switch the UA to Firefox then press "Ctrl+F5" force refresh that page?

UA.png

50 minutes ago, QIK5L said:

Doesn't work in chrome here either.

It's related to geo-blocking. Testing with a VPN i get the same error 241403 in Opera. Turning that off it works as expected as it does in every other browser.

So we're back to the start where Maxthon has an issue.

I think the dev's should start looking at what was noted in post #8 and work from there. Also disregard anyone's post unless they're from Australia or using a VPN with an Australian IP.

It's a little annoying they couldn't give a less cryptic error about it being a location issue, but i'm pretty sure we've figured that out.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

It's related to geo-blocking. Testing with a VPN i get the same error 241403 in Opera. Turning that off it works as expected as it does in every other browser.

So we're back to the start where Maxthon has an issue.

I think the dev's should start looking at what was noted in post #8 and work from there. Also disregard anyone's post unless they're from Australia or using a VPN with an Australian IP.

It's a little annoying they couldn't give a less cryptic error about it being a location issue, but i'm pretty sure we've figured that out.

Hi 7twenty,

Thank you for your info! I have recreated this issue with Australian IP and it has been reported to the dev team.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived