Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7twenty

Can't play video's on abc.iview.net.au

14 posts in this topic

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/weekly-with-charlie-pickering

Select any video to play, comes up with an "unknown playback error".

Not related to ABP or my install, as tested with clean portable version and ABP on/off.

Site recently transitioned from Flash to HTML5, so it's not related to Flash either.

v5.2.3.3000

Confirmed here.

I also confirm the error. (MX 5.2.3.3000, Win7-10 x64)

Same here. Sound only in Retro Mode.

Still not fixed in 5.2.4.800

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Still not fixed in 5.2.4.800

Hello 7twenty,

I tried it on my end and found it cannot be played by other browsers. This issue seems caused by the website.

QQ截图20180801123951.png

The error you're getting might be region related? Not sure?

But the site works fine on every other browser tested with on my system (Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi).

So it's definitely a Maxthon only issue.

From the console.log:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () wv-keyos.licensekeyserver.com/

So looks like it might be DRM/licensekey related. None of the other browsers show any errors like this.

16 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The error you're getting might be region related? Not sure?

But the site works fine on every other browser tested with on my system (Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi).

So it's definitely a Maxthon only issue.

From the console.log:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () wv-keyos.licensekeyserver.com/

So looks like it might be DRM/licensekey related. None of the other browsers show any errors like this.

Hi 7twenty,

Could you please try to switch the UA to Firefox then press "Ctrl+F5" force refresh that page?

UA.png

doesn't help. Tried with most others (except IE) as well.

my default one is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.2526.73 Safari/537.36

Doesn't work in chrome here either.

50 minutes ago, QIK5L said:

Doesn't work in chrome here either.

It's related to geo-blocking. Testing with a VPN i get the same error 241403 in Opera. Turning that off it works as expected as it does in every other browser.

So we're back to the start where Maxthon has an issue.

I think the dev's should start looking at what was noted in post #8 and work from there. Also disregard anyone's post unless they're from Australia or using a VPN with an Australian IP.

It's a little annoying they couldn't give a less cryptic error about it being a location issue, but i'm pretty sure we've figured that out.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

It's related to geo-blocking. Testing with a VPN i get the same error 241403 in Opera. Turning that off it works as expected as it does in every other browser.

So we're back to the start where Maxthon has an issue.

I think the dev's should start looking at what was noted in post #8 and work from there. Also disregard anyone's post unless they're from Australia or using a VPN with an Australian IP.

It's a little annoying they couldn't give a less cryptic error about it being a location issue, but i'm pretty sure we've figured that out.

Hi 7twenty,

Thank you for your info! I have recreated this issue with Australian IP and it has been reported to the dev team.:wink:

1 person likes this

Still not working in 5.2.4.2000