Youtube?

13 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Youtube does not need flash player

https://www.youtube.com/html5

I followed your YouTube link and discovered something either VERY DISAPPOINTING or wrong,

That YT page reports the video protocols supported by the current browser (Maxthon 5.2.3.2000).

The 6 protocols in the array are all supported by MX, but then it reports "Your browser does not support HTML5 video."

This, if true is a huge disappointment, since Flash Player is ending in a year and a half and HTML5 video and other modern formats will be mandatory.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

I followed your YouTube link and discovered something either VERY DISAPPOINTING or wrong,

That YT page reports the video protocols supported by the current browser (Maxthon 5.2.3.2000).

The 6 protocols in the array are all supported by MX, but then it reports "Your browser does not support HTML5 video."

This, if true is a huge disappointment, since Flash Player is ending in a year and a half and HTML5 video and other modern formats will be mandatory.

<<SL>>

With portable version v.5.1.7.2000 (the series v5.2.x, I still can not use it), I have this capture.

YouTube_20180611163728.png

Well, I just tried it with portable version v.5.2.3.2000, unzipped and clean, and the capture is the same as I put above.

see if you have any extension that modifies the result.

Or maybe it's related to the hardware you have (this is a guess, nothing more)

7 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

With portable version v.5.1.7.2000 (the series v5.2.x, I still can not use it), I have this capture.

YouTube_20180611163728.png

My screen is the same except in English and the extra line I noted following their statement that HTML5 video player is used when possible.

<<SL>>

9 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

My screen is the same except in English and the extra line I noted following their statement that HTML5 video player is used when possible.

It is rare. Then later I'll try a less powerful laptop, to know if the hardware has anything to do with all this

1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

Anyway, if you do not have the corresponding flash dll, and you can watch videos on YouTube, it is clear that if it is compatible :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

It is rare. Then later I'll try a less powerful laptop, to know if the hardware has anything to do with all this

Anyway, if you do not have the corresponding flash dll, and you can watch videos on YouTube, it is clear that if it is compatible :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

Yes, I had recalled that Mx would play videos even when you force YT to play HTML5.  However my situation now (hospital) has a very poor (more specifically, throttled) Internet connection that won't let videos play most of the time ... so I can't test this in any version.

<<SL>>

2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Works fine here.

MaxthonSnap20180611205350.png

MaxthonSnap20180611205758.png

I hope you're right once I can get to a usable Internet cconnection that will let me play anything on YT or any TV station.

I'm glad to see it works for you.

<<SL>>

Thanks all,

Apparently, when I reinstalled new version, MX enabled all disabled addons. One of them was youtube center. 

But then, other websites had similar problem. I had to change the useragent to chrome. It worked after that. 

Archived