Adblocker?

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Must be, because it's in my 5.2.3.1000.

MaxthonSnap20180603213158.png

Is that the portable? I had to add ABP from Addons and Extensions. I didn't imagine this. 

MaxthonSnap20180604044606.png

I just wanted a straight answer to why it was missing. I should have known better. This is another reason my default browser is now Vivaldi and I only run Maxthon as a portable. They're actually helpful on the Vivaldi forums.

We got sued by some company because of having adblock by default. So, in the latest version, the user need manually install it. It will be there once you have installed.

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

49 minutes ago, MaxthonJeff said:

We got sued by some company because of having adblock by default. So, in the latest version, the user need manually install it. It will be there once you have installed.

does this also mean we could choose to set another adblocker ? like with downloader  ?

sigmax2.png

Everybody knows you've been sued and ABP had to be installed manually. i read the release notes ( and now if you excuse me i must go )

helpful extensions of the chrome store are not available.

in fact you can't access the Chrome store; if i remember well

voodoo child

8 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

Oh right, my bad, I didn't realise you'd actually been sued. How about convincing the coders of uBlock Origin to port a version for Maxthon? That would be really good.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

They do? First i've heard of it.

First time for me as well. The question now is if there is a difference between the install and portable versions since I haven't had to install it separately in my latest install version of 5.2.3.1000.

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

First time for me as well. The question now is if there is a difference between the install and portable versions since I haven't had to install it separately in my latest install version of 5.2.3.1000.

This is a very good question. 

abp1.png

It looks the same to me.

MaxthonSnap20180604204253.png

18 hours ago, DaveMax said:

Oh right, my bad, I didn't realise you'd actually been sued. How about convincing the coders of uBlock Origin to port a version for Maxthon? That would be really good.

My experience is the best way to convince other product to support Maxthon is sending the request by users, not by us. If there are a lot of request send to them, they will consider it.  

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

On 6/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, rick.lane said:

Neither did I have to install ABP in 5.2.3.1000, but i did not restart clean, just copied UserData from 5.1.3.200.  

I wonder if they would have been sued if they had continued with AdHunter?  Mabey now is the time to get UBlock Origin and AdGuard to do *.mxaddons.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

My experience is the best way to convince other product to support Maxthon is sending the request by users, not by us. If there are a lot of request send to them, they will consider it.  

Мы писали в adguard, вот ответ.

У Maxthon очень ограниченное API для расширений.
Если оно останется таким - мы ничего не сможем сделать.
Если они его расширят - мы попробуем.

Думаю с ublock так же.

Переведите кто нибудь.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

I'll see if I can contact Raymond Hill. 

• 1 month later...
On 04.06.2018 at 11:59 AM, -ody- said:

does this also mean we could choose to set another adblocker ? like with downloader  ?

You always could do this, but it doesn't exist.Only old version of NoAds with critical bug.

On 04.06.2018 at 7:08 PM, DaveMax said:

How about convincing the coders of uBlock Origin to port a version for Maxthon? That would be really good.

ABP for MX was ported by ABP team, not MX. This is official extension, just build-in browser.
If you want to see uBlock, AdGurad, Adblock or something else, you should write to add-on developers.
But uBlock is only one man. I don't think he will do this for one more browser...

On 06.06.2018 at 7:51 AM, SnowLeopard said:

I wonder if they would have been sued if they had continued with AdHunter?  Mabey now is the time to get UBlock Origin and AdGuard to do *.mxaddons.

It's probably because of any build-in ad filter. Do you remember AdSkipper? The same story.

On 06.06.2018 at 3:59 AM, Cerimon Lane said:

Мы писали в adguard, вот ответ.

У Maxthon очень ограниченное API для расширений.
Если оно останется таким - мы ничего не сможем сделать.
Если они его расширят - мы попробуем.

Думаю с ublock так же.

Переведите кто нибудь.

Let's try to contact with NoAds developer. We need to know why it does not work. Maybe old bug is already fixed for MX5 or maybe MX Team can do something with this. But it does not matter untill we don't have connection with a guy who ported NoAds to MX. He's probably Russian.

Нужно попробовать связаться с парнем, который портировал NoAds, и узнать, почему именно его расширение не работает. Возможно, баг уже исправили, когда обновляли браузер до MX5. Ну или, быть может, Maxthon смогут это исправить. В любом случае нам нужно с ним связаться. Он вроде бы русский, но у меня его найти не получилось...

11 minutes ago, A.S. said:

Let's try to contact with NoAds developer. We need to know why it does not work. Maybe old bug is already fixed for MX5 or maybe MX Team can do something with this. But it does not matter untill we don't have connection with a guy who ported NoAds to MX. He's probably Russian.

noads works for me - theres a thread somewhere where a MX dev or one of the bugs posed a modified json file - theres a bug in the original file that had not mattered until some update to Maxton had come in

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 minute ago, Tony said:

noads works for me - theres a thread somewhere where a MX dev or one of the bugs posed a modified json file - theres a bug in the original file that had not mattered until some update to Maxton had come in

Can you write to me in DM? I did not use forum for many mounth and don't remember how it works.
I can write what you have to do to broke browser by NoAds. If bug is fixed, MX will work fine.

18 hours ago, Tony said:
18 hours ago, A.S. said:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/22883-noads/

Archived