DaveMax

Adblocker?

18 posts in this topic

Is it my imagination or has ABP disappeared from V 5.2.3.1000 portable? 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, DaveMax said:

Is it my imagination or has ABP disappeared from V 5.2.3.1000 portable? 

Must be, because it's in my 5.2.3.1000.

MaxthonSnap20180603213158.png

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Must be, because it's in my 5.2.3.1000.

MaxthonSnap20180603213158.png

Is that the portable? I had to add ABP from Addons and Extensions. I didn't imagine this. 

MaxthonSnap20180604044606.png

I just wanted a straight answer to why it was missing. I should have known better. This is another reason my default browser is now Vivaldi and I only run Maxthon as a portable. They're actually helpful on the Vivaldi forums.

1 person likes this

We got sued by some company because of having adblock by default. So, in the latest version, the user need manually install it. It will be there once you have installed.

4 people like this

49 minutes ago, MaxthonJeff said:

We got sued by some company because of having adblock by default. So, in the latest version, the user need manually install it. It will be there once you have installed.

does this also mean we could choose to set another adblocker ? like with downloader  ?

2 people like this

Everybody knows you've been sued and ABP had to be installed manually. i read the release notes ( and now if you excuse me i must go )

helpful extensions of the chrome store are not available.

in fact you can't access the Chrome store; if i remember well

voodoo child

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

Oh right, my bad, I didn't realise you'd actually been sued. How about convincing the coders of uBlock Origin to port a version for Maxthon? That would be really good.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, karajan said:

Everybody knows you've been sued

They do? First i've heard of it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

They do? First i've heard of it.

First time for me as well. The question now is if there is a difference between the install and portable versions since I haven't had to install it separately in my latest install version of 5.2.3.1000.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

First time for me as well. The question now is if there is a difference between the install and portable versions since I haven't had to install it separately in my latest install version of 5.2.3.1000.

This is a very good question. 

abp1.png

It looks the same to me.

MaxthonSnap20180604204253.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK thanks.

Edited by DaveMax
1 person likes this

18 hours ago, DaveMax said:

Oh right, my bad, I didn't realise you'd actually been sued. How about convincing the coders of uBlock Origin to port a version for Maxthon? That would be really good.

My experience is the best way to convince other product to support Maxthon is sending the request by users, not by us. If there are a lot of request send to them, they will consider it.  

2 people like this

On 6/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, rick.lane said:

Neither did I have to install ABP in 5.2.3.1000, but i did not restart clean, just copied UserData from 5.1.3.200.  

I wonder if they would have been sued if they had continued with AdHunter?  Mabey now is the time to get UBlock Origin and AdGuard to do *.mxaddons.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

just copied UserData from 5.1.3.200. 

that's why.

1 person likes this

On 6/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

My experience is the best way to convince other product to support Maxthon is sending the request by users, not by us. If there are a lot of request send to them, they will consider it.  

Мы писали в adguard, вот ответ.

У Maxthon очень ограниченное API для расширений.
Если оно останется таким - мы ничего не сможем сделать.
Если они его расширят - мы попробуем.

Думаю с ublock так же.

Переведите кто нибудь.

1 person likes this

On 6/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

I'll see if I can contact Raymond Hill. 

1 person likes this