Confusion with versions and drop down menu problems

Hi all,

1. Why is there BETA 5.2.3.300 and then OFFICAL 5.2.2.2000 after the BETA with lesser version? And both versions have different fixes.

This i very very confusing. You shouldn't be releasing offical versions with lesser version after beta with higher version. Also, lots of times new official versions are not pushed via automatic update.

2. I'm havig big problems with dropdown menus on many sites and also on the favorites bar when there are more tabs than it fits on the bar. It shows number of hidder tabs - If I click on the dropdown menu i shows for 1 milisecond and then it disappears and If I click rapidly sometimes it does show the dropdown menu.

2 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I reported it long ago, but it was just ignored, as usual.  Before long, there will be no more Maxthon users.

ahhhh come on No1 - you are getting more negative than me - the official site says it all

670,000,000 users 

and voted 'best browser' in 3 consecutive years

take that as you may

i think they have got mixed up with commas and full stops - it should read

670.000000 users - that 670 to six decimal places not millions

and the 3 consecutive years were probably 10 or more years ago for MyIE - its certainly not the recent incarnation that is MX5

but lets not let the truth get in the way of anything

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I echo the points about version confusion.  Please keep them straight.  Sometimes Beta versions will

appear on various download sites before making an appearance on the Maxthon community page.  Also,

updates are not appearing when using ABOUT in the menu.  There must be some way to correct this.

On 5/18/2018 at 7:54 AM, Tony said:

ahhhh come on No1 - you are getting more negative than me - the official site says it all

670,000,000 users 

and voted 'best browser' in 3 consecutive years

take that as you may

i think they have got mixed up with commas and full stops - it should read

670.000000 users - that 670 to six decimal places not millions

and the 3 consecutive years were probably 10 or more years ago for MyIE - its certainly not the recent incarnation that is MX5

but lets not let the truth get in the way of anything

670m includes updates. every time someone downloads the installation or update file it's count as +1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:25 PM, projektilski said:

This i very very confusing. You shouldn't be releasing offical versions with lesser version after beta with higher version. Also, lots of times new official versions are not pushed via automatic update.

On 5/19/2018 at 0:01 AM, Dan said:

updates are not appearing when using ABOUT in the menu.  There must be some way to correct this.

The newest version display in “about” sometimes has a delay. Please take the official website as the standard

2.If I click on the dropdown menu i shows for 1 milisecond and then it disappears and If I click rapidly sometimes it does show the dropdown menu.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:30 PM, Kilmatar said:

I'm with second problem too for about a 3-4 last MX builds

On 5/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I reported it long ago, but it was just ignored, as usual.  Before long, there will be no more Maxthon users.

After repeated testing here can't be reproduced, kindly send us a video then we can check the problem if anyone can reproduce recently, please

and also on the favorites bar when there are more tabs than it fits on the bar. It shows number of hidder tabs 

It shows number of hidder tabs? Could u please provide screenshots to clarify this issue?

Archived