Saving bookmarks bug!!

Hi,

I have reported this nasty issue several times before and it is probably the only thing that is still really bugging me. I am talking about the bug in saving bookmarks.

- This is a Maxnote issue that I reported before in another thread. Sadly, it is still there in the latest version 5.2.1.6000.
- Saving bookmarks using Ctrl+D or pressing the Maxnote icon on nav bar is still buggy.
- After pressing Ctrl+D or the Maxnote icon on nav bar, I get this small white window "Add to Maxnote", which is attached to the Maxnote icon.

qHABztQ.jpg

- This window randomly disappears, especially when I move the mouse. That is one issue.
- Even if it doesn't disappear right away, I click on the drop down arrow/menu to select a different folder to save the bookmark.
- I get this larger white window that is detached, and has no option to save.

2MzCVMu.jpg

- If I click a destination folder, the large window above disappears and nothing is saved.
- Sometimes I see the small window appear afterwards for a fraction of a second, too fast even for a pic.
- So yeah, I'm having a hard time saving bookmarks this way.
- Atm, I have to use another way: open the page I want to bookmark, click Favorites button (in menu mode), open the destination folder, and click "Add to this folder".

• 2 weeks later...

This bug really drives me insane  :(
Awaiting a fix, hopefully soon :) 

This bug really drives me insane  :(
Awaiting a fix, hopefully soon :) 

Btw is there a force update feature, where I can update MX to the latest release/beta, without having to reinstall?
I am on v5.2.1.6000 and every time I go to Help > About ... I get a message that it is checking for updates, then it says that I have the latest version even though there are newer versions!

I would like to force it to update to the latest release or beta.

1 hour ago, Atavus said:

I would like to force it to update to the latest release or beta.

Just go to the main forum page, then Maxthon News, and download Mx 5.2.2.3000, which is the latest official release (the one above it 5.2.3.500 is a beta) and install it where you have the one you are using. Or install it into a new folder; either works. You don't have to re-install anything or uninstall anything. I have never trusted the forced installs any way and always do it this way. As long as you have a passport account and you have it set up in Settings>Privacy & Content> Auto Sync to sync everything, once you install the new version, you will find everything there. Give it a try first by installing into a new folder (Click the advanced button in the Setup dialog and designate a new folder; it should offer to install it where your current one is installed so just change the folder name) so that you don't mess up your current installation and see how that works. 

We optimized the recycling mechanism and we can't reproduce that issue anymore(tested for dozens of times). At least this issue had a great improvement due to the recycling mechanism optimize. I am not sure whether there is a small probability to reproduce, it is normally in most of the time:-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived