command line parameter to launch Maxthon

Leon

Before MX5, I can start maxthon (or run another instance on a new tab) using a command line like "maxthon https:\www.yahoo.com". But this no longer works. What is the parameters to run this?

Also, I find that IE automation on Window 10 no longer works with original internet explorer browser. It launch Maxthon. This is NOT what I want. How can I fix that?

Thanks

Using any of the following works:

maxthon https:\\www.yahoo.com

maxthon www.yahoo.com

maxthon yahoo.com

Anything that's not a valid address should go to the default search that's set in MX.

9 hours ago, Leon said:

Also, I find that IE automation on Window 10 no longer works with original internet explorer browser. It launch Maxthon.

Is IE or Maxthon set to default?

Not sure what automation you're talking about, but if it relies on the default browser being set to IE then it should be set as such.

After testing with uninstall of MX5, install of MX4 and resintall MX5, the opening of url  using the command line now works and its append a new tab or launch the maxthon browser.

//

About the IE automation please also my post to stackoverflow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50046226/ie-automation-wrongly-point-to-maxthon-browser

IE automation is the control of IE browser from a Microsoft development product such as visual basic 6. It seems to wrongly launch the maxthon browser (as Maxthon seem have said that it has IE rendering???). In additional, it is very slow so my application always display a busy message box. Maxthon may have written some wrong registry settings to IE registry settings. 

Although there is new development using edge browser for automation, IE still have a syntax easier to use. IE is set as the default browser app in Window 10.

Found why command line does not work as my application make a wrong call to 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\MxStart.exe

But if you call directly to maxthon.exe, sometimes the browser will quit if there is no tab available yet.

1 hour ago, Leon said:

If I fire it up via command line, there may be no maxthon browser open at the time.

again, you've lost me... if you open with the command line then MX should start with the site specified opened in a new tab. Or open a new tab within the already open browser.

You may need to elaborate on what and how you are doing it.

Maybe Maxthon cannot get enough memory so that it exits. Sometimes I do open a lot of tabs with both opera  and chrome browsers. They are eating lot of memory so even my own application sometimes cry for crash.

This is typically what I shell out to a command line from my vb application now.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe  www.hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived