icon always nail on desktop and toolbar

Why 5.2.1.5000~6000 always nail the icon on my desktop and toolbar?

it's always. even I deleted it~~~

it's disturb my personal setting.

Also, it's very slower when i launch MX..

please check this and fix it. it's not good solution to promoted product

Please back to original browser function, and keep improve the basic function and stable the function.

I realize that English is not your first language, but I am not sure just what you are asking about. When you install a new version of Maxthon, do you click on Advanced in the install dialog window (lower right corner) and unclick the selection for a desktop icon?

11 hours ago, rick.lane said:

I realize that English is not your first language, but I am not sure just what you are asking about. When you install a new version of Maxthon, do you click on Advanced in the install dialog window (lower right corner) and unclick the selection for a desktop icon?

nail on toolbar. even I remove it.

when I open MX again, and close MX. the icon was install on toolbar again.

Snap1.jpg

Your reply didn't address the question I asked you: During installation, do you go to the advanced section and tell it not to put an  icon on your desktop? Also go to Menu> Settings>General>System Tray Icon and check or uncheck the option you want. 

Maxthon Settings System Tray Icon.jpg

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

not related to the issue. 

He said "the icon was install on toolbar again". From his screen shot, it looks like a wide toolbar that I am unfamiliar with so it was just a possible suggestion as to why he has a Maxthon icon on any toolbar. Just what "toolbar" is he talking about? I thought maybe he meant "taskbar", so I tried.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

From your image, toolbar is more commonly known (and named by Microsoft) the taskbar. System bar is the system tray.

Ok

how to disable MX always nail a icon on task bar?

as your post, 3 option are system tray, no taskbar

16 minutes ago, Wisely said:

Is it always there on the taskbar, even when Maxthon is not open? There will always be an icon on the taskbar when Maxthon is open. If it is still there when Maxthon is closed, right click on the icon and choose "unpin from taskbar" if you don't want it there. Maxthon the program does not place it's icon on the taskbar except when it is running, as every program does.

10 hours ago, Wisely said:

Ok

as your post, 3 option are system tray, no taskbar

Right-click on the undesired Maxthon icon on the Taskbar and select "Unpin this program from Taskbar."  And STOP using the installer version; the portabled does none of this faldarall.

<<SL>>

And finally smart autoupdate just installed version 5.1.3.2000 on top of 5.2.1.6000 on one of my PCs.
Very nice.

Entire branch 5.2.* are full of bugs, UI freezes and annoying things like popups with warnings about default browser etc.

Going to try portable version.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:05 AM, WarDeN said:

can confirm, happens to me too

constantly repining itself to the taskbar, but only on Win 7

at home on Win 10 it is ok

both versions... 5.2.1.5000-6000

Win7 x64 Enterprise - NEVER have had this oroblem using  portable versions thru 5.2.1.6000.  I'm satisfied on this concern if not on other problems with video episode playback on some TV station sites.

Have you tried the portable version after a total uninstall of any instal versions and clearing (or disabling by renaming) any userdata?

<<SL>>

Archived