V5.2.1.4000 always freeze after closing & open new again

my patience with Maxthon5 is ending! ! ! 

4 official versions since last 10 days and no version is working.

V5.2.1.4000 always freeze when i start maxthon again. only after new install maxthon5 works till next close & open. (Win10 64-bit on Desktop PC & MS Surface Tablet) 

im finished with maxthon! ! ! :Angry_Devil_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

the freeze on opening has been around for many versions - i report it every time - they neither comment or fix it - i get the impression the dev team have lost touch with real bug fixing - it certainly seems that way

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I also have a freeze problem since mx5.2.x. Do you have Malwarebytes Premium installed on your PC?

I added Maxthon directory in Malwarebytes exclusions and I haven't had a freeze since. To be confirmed.

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

15 minutes ago, Ldfa said:

I also have a freeze problem since mx5.2.x. Do you have Malwarebytes Premium installed on your PC?

I added Maxthon directory in Malwarebytes exclusions and I haven't had a freeze since. To be confirmed.

no dont run that - it was removed a long time ago for other reasons

1 hour ago, Tony said:

the freeze on opening has been around for many versions - i report it every time - they neither comment or fix it - i get the impression the dev team have lost touch with real bug fixing - it certainly seems that way

I don't know how you folks have installed Maxthon, what else you have installed on your computers  nor what else may be running on your machine when you use Maxthon. All I can say is that I have never had Maxthon any version freeze on me for over 15 years. If I can't reproduce your problem, it's also possible that the devs can't either and therefore can't fix anything if they can't find the problem. I just installed 5.2.1.4000 into the same folder that I had installed 5.2.1.3000 (which is the same folder that I have installed all 5.2.1.x versions into; I did not do a clean install and continue to use the Roaming\Maxthon5 data file that was created some time ago and I have closed and restarted Maxthon 5 several times today with no hint of a freeze.) I have a Windows10 Home installation on a Dell desktop with 12GB of RAM and an iCORE i7 processor. I also have had no problems with my Win10 8" Dell tablet with Maxthon 5 installed, though I haven't upgraded to 5.2.1.4000 yet on that machine. Both of these machines are about the same age as Windows 10, the tablet a bit older. I visit this forum about 3 to 4 times daily and read all new comments and questions and close to all the time I do not experience any of the reported problems and wonder why others are having such troubles. And when I do experience an anomaly and report it, they have always been fixed in short order. I realize that you folks are definitely experiencing these problems but it baffles me why you have them and I have never had them and I have been using Maxthon versions exclusively since MyIE2 became Maxthon and haven't even tried other browsers as I continue to have a working browser using the latest Maxthon release for all those years . (Though I really liked Maxthon2 the best for it's customizability, I have no problems with any version of Maxthon 5 and it suits my needs.) Just maybe, there are other reasons than just the Maxthon browser that are the hidden reasons some are having more problems than others, as I have seen this reporting for all of the years I have been a member of this forum. Don't know what else I can say or do.

23 minutes ago, rick.lane said:

I don't know how you folks have installed Maxthon, what else you have installed on your computers  nor what else may be running on your machine when you use Maxthon. All I can say is that I have never had Maxthon any version freeze on me for over 15 years. If I can't reproduce your problem, it's also possible that the devs can't either and therefore can't fix anything if they can't find the problem. I just installed 5.2.1.4000 into the same folder that I had installed 5.2.1.3000 (which is the same folder that I have installed all 5.2.1.x versions into; I did not do a clean install and continue to use the Roaming\Maxthon5 data file that was created some time ago and I have closed and restarted Maxthon 5 several times today with no hint of a freeze.) I have a Windows10 Home installation on a Dell desktop with 12GB of RAM and an iCORE i7 processor. I also have had no problems with my Win10 8" Dell tablet with Maxthon 5 installed, though I haven't upgraded to 5.2.1.4000 yet on that machine. Both of these machines are about the same age as Windows 10, the tablet a bit older. I visit this forum about 3 to 4 times daily and read all new comments and questions and close to all the time I do not experience any of the reported problems and wonder why others are having such troubles. And when I do experience an anomaly and report it, they have always been fixed in short order. I realize that you folks are definitely experiencing these problems but it baffles me why you have them and I have never had them and I have been using Maxthon versions exclusively since MyIE2 became Maxthon and haven't even tried other browsers as I continue to have a working browser using the latest Maxthon release for all those years . (Though I really liked Maxthon2 the best for it's customizability, I have no problems with any version of Maxthon 5 and it suits my needs.) Just maybe, there are other reasons than just the Maxthon browser that are the hidden reasons some are having more problems than others, as I have seen this reporting for all of the years I have been a member of this forum. Don't know what else I can say or do.

this behavior started with the latest branch for me - before that maxthon NEVER froze - it crashed occasionally but that gave an error that could be sent back

now all i get is the UI freezing on first start sometimes - closure has to be forced otherwise it just sits there - there is no error message - each portable install is to a new dir with a copy of my user data added - if i run it without adding my user data [as a guest] it still freezes

i have added no other apps or anything else - it is not unique to this laptop - others have reported the same - this never happened to me until the latest core update - i have no idea if its that or something else - i agree its difficult if they cannot reproduce it - on that we have no idea - they dont comment

59 minutes ago, Tony said:

now all i get is the UI freezing on first start sometimes - closure has to be forced otherwise it just sits there - there is no error message - each portable install is to a new dir with a copy of my user data added - if i run it without adding my user data [as a guest] it still freezes

i have added no other apps or anything else - it is not unique to this laptop - others have reported the same - this never happened to me until the latest core update - i have no idea if its that or something else - i agree its difficult if they cannot reproduce it - on that we have no idea - they dont comment

I did some testing with this and also got the freeze issue on first start. It was probably 90+% of the times tested, even though they were all clean extracts of MX portable. So it is odd.

With that said, i've never had this issue on my main version which always has previous userdata copied over before the first run.

9 hours ago, rick.lane said:

and continue to use the Roaming\Maxthon5 data file that was created some time ago 

This matches to what i found. If previous userdata is used there is no issue. Which is why anyone who does a "clean install" has the issue... doesn't make no sense though.

Only thing i can think of is that there's a problem creating the default userdata files on first run. They files do get created but MX crashes for whatever reason. Starting it again finds the files as required and runs ok.

11 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

In my case, I have noticed that branch 5.2, freezes more often when it is not cached in memory in the system, that is, when you boot windows.

looks like I have the same behaviour here

sigmax2.png

On 4/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, Ldfa said:

Dam.. is this why Maxthon been randomly freezing (then crashes/closes all together if I don't force close it) for the past few versions/betas?

edit:added Maxthon folder to exclusion list and will see if it freezes on me.

edit2: nope froze on me. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:34 PM, Ldfa said:

I still have freeze problems, even with exclusion.

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

I typically update the installed version. I haven't done a fresh install in a long time. But since the last several beta & release updates, I've been experiencing more and more frequent freezes that seem to occur after the browser sits open for a period of time. But it's not all the time.  It becomes unresponsive. If given enough time, it sometimes may become functional.  Sometimes the close button isn't able to close MX. It's getting more and more frustrating. So far, I don't have any problems opening the browser. IF a problem arises, it's usually after sitting idle (or at least it appears that way).

23 hours ago, ankor said:

I typically update the installed version. I haven't done a fresh install in a long time. But since the last several beta & release updates, I've been experiencing more and more frequent freezes that seem to occur after the browser sits open for a period of time. But it's not all the time.  It becomes unresponsive. If given enough time, it sometimes may become functional.  Sometimes the close button isn't able to close MX. It's getting more and more frustrating. So far, I don't have any problems opening the browser. IF a problem arises, it's usually after sitting idle (or at least it appears that way).

I did a fresh install, (uninstalled with revo), problem's still there. Feels like Maxthon's going down the drain.  

I've seen a message "Waiting for cache" along the bottom as it sits. Then the message disappears but still nothing happens and the scroll bars are unresponsive. Wait several MINUTES and still nothing. Click "X" to close the browser and it sits and sits. Finally I have to force the close. This is pathetic and highly disappointing.

Archived