MX 4.45.1000 to MX5

hi, hope someone can help, but in the past when have downloaded the new MX5 I have had problems as never picks up favorites at all despite when all other upgrades have done these are where they should be so have always taken it back off system and reverted to MX4.

How can I get favs set up ok and as started to get a couple of web sites saying my browser out of date so if can get this sorted will have another go at MX5.

Marcus 

Are you using the install version or portable? Are you using a passport account or not?

Only reason i can think of that it wouldn't import them is if they've somehow been placed in a non-standard folder for some reason, or MX5 thinks they've already been imported.

Easiest option should be just install MX5 and it should import automatically. Otherwise export your favourites to a html file (option is in the menu somewhere) and then import them into MX5 once it's installed.

To test without screwing up your current install, you can download and extract the portable version. Run maxthon.exe from the bin folder and see if it auto-imports your favs. 

• 1 month later...

Hiya, I have had another go today and lo and behold the full install version asked me to sign in which am sure has not done before, the only issue was the Fav Bar at top of browser was not showing but all other favs were there and found another message about this and brought them back but then had to sort them into alphabetical order but all looks ok this time around. 

Archived