QA page not working

Still having problems with the quick link (think that's what it is called) not working. All I get is some Asian language and little blank boxes. This has been a problem through several versions now and still not fixed. Sure would be nice to have this fixed.

Screenshot (6).png

Data from the quick access page is stored on the Mx server. When there is a problem with access to the server, the page can not be loaded. The page address could also get into your ad filter, check it. Developers for some reason do not want to make this page local, so that users of the block are comfortable. They play their game, which we often do not like. And still, try to synchronize your data.

20 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Data from the quick access page is stored on the Mx server. When there is a problem with access to the server, the page can not be loaded. The page address could also get into your ad filter, check it. Developers for some reason do not want to make this page local, so that users of the block are comfortable. They play their game, which we often do not like. And still, try to synchronize your data.

The shortcuts you make are stored on servers from Maxthon? Does this mean that you need a Maxthon passport account?

I'm using the portable version and want to store everything locally :Frowning_Face_with_Open_Mouth_Emoji_42x42:

So I shouldn't use quick access, but only bookmarks?

49 minutes ago, humulus said:

So guest mode should store the quick acces buttons locally?

yes

50 minutes ago, humulus said:

Then why aren't they loading and do I see https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com

That;s the address that's used for QA. Why they're aren;t loading i don't know. Did you add any? what do you see? did you see the default ones when you first loaded the page?

27 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

That;s the address that's used for QA. Why they're aren;t loading i don't know. Did you add any? what do you see? did you see the default ones when you first loaded the page?

When first starting Maxthon I got the default ones. I changed the default ones to something more appropiate and changed some other settings (like proxy). Then I copied these settings to some other users.

Everything was working fine, until about a week ago.

Now we get a blank page and when you wait long enough you get the screen as shown in the topic start.

When I delete my settings and start 'fresh', I get the default ones.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:06 AM, Chemodan said:

all tied to the cloud

True, but the problem above isn't cloud related. The data for the saved sites is in the cloud, but the rest of the page is local. There's no reason for it not to display correctly. I would think a refresh (ctrl+F5) should be enough.

5 hours ago, Chemodan said:

If you clear the cache and update the QA page, or just start Mx with the Internet turned off, you will get an empty QA page

You're right. But regardless, the OP's issue doesn't seem to be related to this.

Found a workaround to get it working again, only don't know why it starts working again!

• I rename my settings folder
  • Start Maxthon to get new settings and check if I have the default QA page.
  • Close Maxthon
  • Copy QaConfig.dat from old settings to new settings
  • Start Maxthon and go to QA page: Maxthon refreshes the thumbnails of my shortcuts
  • Close Maxthon
  • Remove new settings folder
  • Rename old settings folder to original name
  • Start Maxthon: QA page is working now

So at the end I'm using the same settings folder, but now the QA page is working. :Frowning_Face_with_Open_Mouth_Emoji_42x42:

Archived