Strange focus behaviour & unwanted multiple instances

Since upgrading to 5.2.1.1000 I've had only problems. Beside the previously reported certificate issue I have noticed that Maxthon acts really strangely with focus.

When I have one instance of Maxthon running and click on the Maxthon desktop icon again, another instance will open. This was never the case before. If I clicked on the Macthon icon, the currently running instance would come into focus and no additional Maxthon instance would pop up.

The second issue is Maxthon stealing focus when working with other programs, in my current case that would be Total Commander (a file manager). If I open a search window in Total Commander and search for a file, and then double-click on that file in the search results to get taken to the folder where that file is located, Total Commander loses focus and Maxthon comes to front instead. It's like Maxthon somehow interferes with TC. This only happens if Maxthon had focus immediately before I switched to TC. If I am in Maxthon first and then bring another program in focus and then TC, then this won't happen.

I think this is happening because Maxthon 5.2.1.1000 has some sort of a focus bug. If you have Maxthon open and you click on the Maxthon launch icon (provided it is visible -- either in the Quick Launch or on the desktop, when your Maxthon window is not maximized), you will see that another instance of Maxthon opens. But if you minimize Maxthon first and then click on the icon, the already running instance will pop up into focus instead and no new instance will be opened.

All these problems are reason enogh for me to now uninstall this version and go back a few versions to one that I had before that worked fine.

Sorry, I also have version v 5.2.1.1000, portable (I think it's important), I also use total commander since times when memory does not reach me. I do not happen what you mention in reference to that after the search on totalcmd, or any other action that occurs to me.

As for the second instance of maxthon when you click the maxthon icon in the foreground, I do not have the problem you are commenting on.

Archived