MX5 PC Beta 5.2..... problem with domain login

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5.2.4.1200 beta is still broken. It tries to "see" the certificates but it can't find them. The error message "No certificate available" is displayed.

I don't unserstand how it's possible that they broke this feature and now they don't know how to fix it. Maxthon worked with certificates for years, and now all of a sudden there are unfixable problems ? How ? Why ?

38.png

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there is less work left to do

At least with the blink engine, it finally asks for the digital certificate, although it still gives an error when it should ask for the password to access the certificate

MaxthonSnap20180827211932.png

MaxthonSnap20180827212002.png

In contrast with IE engine or versions 5.1.xxx, this is the result

MaxthonSnap20180827212104.png

MaxthonSnap20180827212204.png

6 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

It seems that there is less work left to do

At least with the blink engine, it finally asks for the digital certificate, although it still gives an error when it should ask for the password to access the certificate

Can we check this issue via TeamViewer? If you are available please send the TeamViewer ID and password to me. :)

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Can we check this issue via TeamViewer? If you are available please send the TeamViewer ID and password to me. :)

I, (neither my machine or configuration), we have no problem :)

Feeling it a lot is not going to be possible. On the one hand the wifi connection that I have (3 mg down / 1 mg up) "barely" gives for web browsing, and on the other the issue of digital certificates is sensitive enough to allow support on that same issue via remote control.

You just have to check it (as it has been repeated throughout all these previous months), with the series 5.1.xxx (and previous series), and you will quickly see what is happening (which you probably already know too well, but not how to fix it)

7 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

I, (neither my machine or configuration), we have no problem :)

Feeling it a lot is not going to be possible. On the one hand the wifi connection that I have (3 mg down / 1 mg up) "barely" gives for web browsing, and on the other the issue of digital certificates is sensitive enough to allow support on that same issue via remote control.

You just have to check it (as it has been repeated throughout all these previous months), with the series 5.1.xxx (and previous series), and you will quickly see what is happening (which you probably already know too well, but not how to fix it)

This issue has been fixed in the version 5.2.4.2000, now you still experience it, so our engineers hope to solve it for you. If you are not available, we will try to contact other users who have the similar issue.

42 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

This issue has been fixed in the version 5.2.4.2000, now you still experience it, so our engineers hope to solve it for you. If you are not available, we will try to contact other users who have the similar issue.

Sorry to disappoint the development team, but it has NOT been corrected, I'm sorry for you (I manage a lot of machines with different OS and configurations and the same thing happens in all of them)

As it is said here, it is not a good idea to sell the milk before having the cow.

The truth is that after many months with this problem I am already tired of lending my time and desire, seriously, and more seeing that I think they do not even test what is indicated and how they are indicated. Because one thing is that they do not know how to fix it, I would understand it, but another is that even if they do not know what they are talking about, what makes them think

8 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

Sorry to disappoint the development team, but it has NOT been corrected, I'm sorry for you (I manage a lot of machines with different OS and configurations and the same thing happens in all of them)

As it is said here, it is not a good idea to sell the milk before having the cow.

The truth is that after many months with this problem I am already tired of lending my time and desire, seriously, and more seeing that I think they do not even test what is indicated and how they are indicated. Because one thing is that they do not know how to fix it, I would understand it, but another is that even if they do not know what they are talking about, what makes them think

Have checked and tested with others users...

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Have checked and tested with others users...

I understand that you have tested them too with other users, is that true?

Can you put the screenshots or videos of how it works correctly what I said above?

Because I'm putting in this thread a lot of info commenting on the error, but I do not see that after that statement you have put something that tells me otherwise.

Does your digital certificate have a passwd for use when the browser accesses this certificate? Can you confirm this last?

13 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

I understand that you have tested them too with other users, is that true?

Can you put the screenshots or videos of how it works correctly what I said above?

Because I'm putting in this thread a lot of info commenting on the error, but I do not see that after that statement you have put something that tells me otherwise.

Does your digital certificate have a passwd for use when the browser accesses this certificate? Can you confirm this last?

We have had connected some users having the similar issue and solved this bug. In the internal test version, we released the changelog regarding the certificate issue. I totally don't have any reason to cheat you here and just want to help every user solve their issue. If you still experience the issue and don't available to use the TeamViewer, we will continue contacting other users having this issue and solve it again. 

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

We have had connected some users having the similar issue and solved this bug. In the internal test version, we released the changelog regarding the certificate issue. I totally don't have any reason to cheat you here and just want to help every user solve their issue. If you still experience the issue and don't available to use the TeamViewer, we will continue contacting other users having this issue and solve it again. 

I take it for granted that you are not deceiving me, of course, but I have not seen any evidence that what you say has worked (on the contrary, I have provided evidence to the contrary), and that is what I am asking.

Reading the thread, until very recently, you did not understand what we were talking about when talking about a digital certificate, later not even the dev team seemed to have any to try these configurations, as you will understand, the fact that you have solved, as you say , the problems to some users, does not guarantee the fact that it is what has been fixed, and more without those tests that I ask (captures, videos, etc.), because we may be talking about different things again, isto what happened throughout this post

And as I told you, if by users, we understand different machines, I already told you that in which I manage does NOT work as it should, neither in current OS like win10, neither in win8.1, nor in win7 (with different configurations, different installed programs, newly installed OS, etc, and always from the maxthon 5.2.xxx series, with clean maxthon installations.

Sincerely, I do not know the development team, has come to perform as many tests as I do in this 4 months in different machines, seriously, I only ask you, those tests that work for you, if not, I can not believe you, I'm sorry. (I know what I see, and you have also seen the same, but I have not seen anything that you tell me)

20 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

I take it for granted that you are not deceiving me, of course, but I have not seen any evidence that what you say has worked (on the contrary, I have provided evidence to the contrary), and that is what I am asking.

Reading the thread, until very recently, you did not understand what we were talking about when talking about a digital certificate, later not even the dev team seemed to have any to try these configurations, as you will understand, the fact that you have solved, as you say , the problems to some users, does not guarantee the fact that it is what has been fixed, and more without those tests that I ask (captures, videos, etc.), because we may be talking about different things again, isto what happened throughout this post

And as I told you, if by users, we understand different machines, I already told you that in which I manage does NOT work as it should, neither in current OS like win10, neither in win8.1, nor in win7 (with different configurations, different installed programs, newly installed OS, etc, and always from the maxthon 5.2.xxx series, with clean maxthon installations.

Sincerely, I do not know the development team, has come to perform as many tests as I do in this 4 months in different machines, seriously, I only ask you, those tests that work for you, if not, I can not believe you, I'm sorry. (I know what I see, and you have also seen the same, but I have not seen anything that you tell me)

Mostly this issue happens on the bank website, we surely don't have those bank accounts to reproduce. So the dev team debugs and troubleshoots this issue on the users' device. That is the reason I cannot give you a screenshot or video. The dev team is writing the certificate and setting up the environment to debug again.

2 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Mostly this issue happens on the bank website, we surely don't have those bank accounts to reproduce. So the dev team debugs and troubleshoots this issue on the users' device. That is the reason I cannot give you screenshots or video. The dev team is writing the certificate and setting up the environment to debug again.

If you talk to me about banks, surely we are, again, talking about different things.
In my country, Spain, (although I just had a quick look at some Frances), as far as I know, no bank uses a digital certificate for login, they are only used by state administrations and autonomous communities for negotiations with the public.

I went through the forum in Spain to see if there was movement, and to be able to throw a question there as a test. It would not be too much for you to propose in that forum, that they will refuel you if they have errors with digital certificates of the fnmt, or any compatible and they will show you their results.

I can confirm that digital certificates work again in the current official / final "install version" 5.2.4.3000. After 5 months I can finally upgrade Maxthon again. It's funny though ... nothing is mentioned in release notes / changelog.

Thanks for actually pursuing this and fixing it. I admit I did not expect it after such a long time.

Archived