Can I uninstall Adblock Plus?

I do a lot of online surveys work and therefore I must NEVER EVER block any ads nor can I EVER disallow ant pop-ups! So I turned Adblock Plus to 'OFF'. Worked OK for a bit and now it just turns itself back 'ON' w/o telling me! I would rather be rid of the software since I rely heavily on my online surveys work to earn money I need to live on, to eat once in awhile! I went to the Programs/Features part of CP but no Adblock Plus. I tried Advanced Uninstaller PRO and it culd NOT find Adblock Plus either! I want to be rid of it and now! Can ANYONE here help me with this mess or not? Thanks I hope.- keimanzero

6 hours ago, 31100800 said:

This ADP came pre-installed in Maxthon 4 so there is no ADP icon. Next? 

For v4.x versions, search these routes and delete or rename this extension

The routes will depend on whether you have the portable or installable version

%appdata%\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\adblockplus.mxaddon
\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\adblockplus.mxaddon
\UserData\Public\Addons\adblockplus.mxaddon
\AppData\Public\Addons\adblockplus.mxaddon

17 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I don't think it can be removed from MX4?

Update to MX5 and remove as shown above.

You mean right click the ABP icon and hit uninstall after I upgrade like QIK5L first suggested to me? I'll try that but last time I upgraded to Maxthon 5, all my desktop PC did was crash! Answer me this, please: Is there any way to stop ABP from turning itself back on when I have turned it off? I don't mind the stupid thing so long as it does NOT deliberately turn itself back on and block ads and pop-ups. I do online surveys a lot (Almost 24-7 including weekends and holidays) and so I cannot have any ads blocked nor can I disallow pop-ups. Thanks and I will try it your way but I fear it won't help me. Sayonara for now.- keimanzero

36 minutes ago, 31100800 said:

You mean right click the ABP icon and hit uninstall after I upgrade like QIK5L first suggested to me? I'll try that but last time I upgraded to Maxthon 5, all my desktop PC did was crash! Answer me this, please: Is there any way to stop ABP from turning itself back on when I have turned it off? I don't mind the stupid thing so long as it does NOT deliberately turn itself back on and block ads and pop-ups. I do online surveys a lot (Almost 24-7 including weekends and holidays) and so I cannot have any ads blocked nor can I disallow pop-ups. Thanks and I will try it your way but I fear it won't help me. Sayonara for now.- keimanzero

As I indicated above, if you have the v.4.x series, you do not need to update to v.5.
If not, as they also indicate, use the portable v.5.

You already have a few solutions

Yes pantantrollo, I think I will try your suggestion first. I would rather not upgrade to Maxthon 5 just yet. I thank everyone though for all of your suggestions. Have a swell day. Our first up here in the NE Pa mts w/o snow for a week.- keimanzero

Nice try pantantrollo but the first two links were for Maxthon 3 and the last two were for removing ABP from Firefox and Chrome. Looks like I either upgrade to Maxthon 5 to get rid of ABP or I hope it stops turning itself on in Maxthon 4. I just don't want to miss any surveys because it won't allow pop-ups and blocks my ads. Other than that, I could care less about it. I even went to the Maxthon Extensions page for add-ons and found ABP but I cannot delete it. Like I said, thanks for trying, folks.- kemanzero 

1 hour ago, 31100800 said:

Nice try pantantrollo but the first two links were for Maxthon 3 and the last two were for removing ABP from Firefox and Chrome

Let's see, I've put a few routes for you to "look up" that extension and change the name or erase it. Those routes depends on which version you have installed, series v.4, portable or installable and v.5 series portable or installable, but the name of the file that makes the adblock function is the same, you just have to look for it.

In the installables:

Maxthon v.4, uses the %appdata%\Maxthon3 directory to save the user data.

Maxthon v.5, uses the %appdata%\Maxthon5 directory to save the user data.

In addition to the maxthon installation folder itself

v.4.x

v.5.x
\_AppData\Maxthon\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon

On the portable (in the installation folder)

v.4.x

v.5.x
\UserData\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon
\AppData\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon

18 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Let's see, I've put a few routes for you to "look up" that extension and change the name or erase it. Those routes depends on which version you have installed, series v.4, portable or installable and v.5 series portable or installable, but the name of the file that makes the adblock function is the same, you just have to look for it.

In the installables:

Maxthon v.4, uses the %appdata%\Maxthon3 directory to save the user data.

Maxthon v.5, uses the %appdata%\Maxthon5 directory to save the user data.

In addition to the maxthon installation folder itself

v.4.x

v.5.x
\_AppData\Maxthon\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon

On the portable (in the installation folder)

v.4.x

v.5.x
\UserData\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon
\AppData\Public\MxAddons\adblockplus.mxaddon

Hi pantantrollo, how can I find out whether I have the installable or portable version of Maxthon 4? v4.9.5.1000 is all it says under About for my browser. How can I find out if its the installable or portable version? Thanks again.- Jack

2 hours ago, 31100800 said:

Hi pantantrollo, how can I find out whether I have the installable or portable version of Maxthon 4? v4.9.5.1000 is all it says under About for my browser. How can I find out if its the installable or portable version? Thanks again.- Jack

I think that you would know if you have the portable version installed or not as you would have specifically downloaded the portable version file and installed it plus the data file would be in the same folder as the program is installed into. If you don't remember doing that, you more than likely have the install version installed on your computer. And from what I have read above, you seem to have to install version. What might have confused you in relation to the data file is that Maxthon 4 uses the Maxthon 3 data file and there is no data file named Maxthon 4. If you have the Maxthon 3 data file, you most likely have the install version, not the portable version, and unless you did some folder name changing, the portable version would be in a folder named Maxthon Portable. I think the suggestion to use the portable version only served to confuse you. Just follow pantantrollo 's instructions to go to the Maxthon 3 data file and navigate to:  _AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\adblockplus.mxaddon  

I thank everyone for all the help but every time I click on one of these links it takes me to Google and gives me a lost of links to places where I must uninstall the entire Maxthon 3 or Maxthon 4 or Maxthon 5 browsers. I just want to uninstall the Adblock Plus mess or at the very least, keep the thing from turning itself back on every time I shut it OFF! Oh how I wish henrietta (My desktop PC) would work with Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome or even w/ IE! No, all she wants to use is Maxthon 4! Using any other browsers including Maxthon 5 causes her to crash! Why did Maxthon insist on pre-installing stuff like ABP whether we want it or not? How about if they ASK us if WE would like to install it? Oh and another thing I can't use w/ maxthon 4 is Amazon Assistant extension add-on! I'll keep at it anyway and keep hoping something will work for me.- keimanzero 

Archived