Can't resize less that 1000px

Has there been an explanation as to why Maxthon won't let the window be resized to less then 1000px?

Very annoying when you're trying to use Windows' snap feature and things aren't snapping to what you expect because MX doesn't want to co-operate.

All the other browsers seem to have no problem being resized to 500px, and some even down to ~270px.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

And the tab/tool/address bar will be displayed abnormal.

So you find a way to fix the problem. That's nothing more than an excuse.

The solution is already half there. When the window size is reduced you add the enabled extensions to the hidden extensions dropdown... because they're now hidden!

The decision was made a while ago to only show the top level domain in the address bar, so 50%+ is wasted space in 90% of websites. Despite that decision being reverted since, when using a smaller window anything beyond the TLD probably isn't a huge concern to the user. Even MX mobile hides the URL completely unless you're actually typing an address into it.

Changing the minimum address bar width from ~700px as it is now to 350-400px, and doing the above with extensions should allow the minimum browser width to be closer to around 800px. Still not great, but at least closer to 1/2 the size of most widescreen resolutions.

Personally I also see it as an excuse, and more knowing that others (all I've tried), such as chrome, opera, vivaldi, firefox, you can adjust / reduce the windows horizontally by half or even more.

Interestingly, maxthon, is the only one that I have tried that neither vertically can fit two windows.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't change window size smaller than a fixed size. I am not new maxthon user, I use it for 2 years or more... Especially after mx5 i face this problem, when i develop a web site using source code... Today an update come again but, it doesn't change this issue! Please fix it!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum, having just started using Maxthon on a laptop and desktop, both on Windows 10.  On both machines, I cannot get Maxthon to 'snap' to form 1/2 screen width when I drag left or right.  The best I can get it to do is around 2/3 or 3/4 of the screen.  There is no option to re-size manually.  Both machines have up to date Windows.  I have uninstalled and re-installed twice on both machines, just in case that the downloads had not fully installed, but with no success.  Has any-one else had a similar problem?

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, this has finally been fixed in the latest internal release.

Seems it can be resized down to about 750px, not as good as some of the others, but better so long as you don't use a very low resolution.

Hopefully it won't be long for this to go public.

On 5/12/2018 at 2:09 AM, 7twenty said:

OMG, this has finally been fixed in the latest internal release.

Seems it can be resized down to about 750px, not as good as some of the others, but better so long as you don't use a very low resolution.

Hopefully it won't be long for this to go public.

Correct, in beta v.5.2.3.300. 750 * 500 px. That's better than nothing :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

Archived