Status Bar Missing Tools

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

You have to select system info for them to show, no idea why you are seeing up/download speeds.

Those get turned off by default upon starting Maxthon and you have to tap each twice for it to show up again. Like they were initially on but were shown as turned off so you need to turn it off and on again to show up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, DARKSTORM said:

I've noticed the Status Bar Tools not showing up since Mx5.1.6.3000 update.

Which tools option can't be displayed?

On 2/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, DARKSTORM said:

Those get turned off by default upon starting Maxthon and you have to tap each twice for it to show up again. Like they were initially on but were shown as turned off so you need to turn it off and on again to show up.

Can't reproduce..If I restart browser, it will keep default status and don't need turn off and on again.

12 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

Reproduced the issue after a number of relaunches. Check this video.

Missing Tools.webm

Checked this video and tried to follow your steps, still can't reproduce. I guess this is not a common problem happened on everyone. Please try to rename the data folder and see.

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

Please don’t delete that folder

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Checked this video and tried to follow your steps, still can't reproduce. I guess this is not a common problem happened on everyone. Please try to rename the data folder and see.

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

Please don’t delete that folder

No good.
Bug Persists.webm

8 hours ago, zork said:

I think so too. It's your system problem. Try to use clean portable. 

I'll try using the portable version. I've updated to version 5.2.0.1200 and the bug still persists.
I checked on my friend's laptop and it has the same bug. No additional extensions are installed except for Mining Go.

IMG_20180307_135336.jpg

3 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

Bug is also in the portable version. I didn't login my account but the bug is still there.

No. It's your OS problem. Make video on clean VM with M5 Portable. I did it and everything is OK. I don't understand what you want. By default all tools are swithched off. You can turn them on as you like. 

9 hours ago, zork said:

No. It's your OS problem. Make video on clean VM with M5 Portable. I did it and everything is OK. I don't understand what you want. By default all tools are swithched off. You can turn them on as you like. 

if it's my OS' problem, the bug shouldn't occur on my friends laptop. That laptop was formatted a few months ago and has been clean of viruses as scanned by Avast and Malwarebytes.
The tools get turned off by default. Once you turn them on, it should still be on once you run the browser again but no! Switches are turned off, System Info only displayed, and You have to turn it on all over again but this time, you have to click twice on every tool.
It's bothersome to do that everytime you open the browser don't you think?

5 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

if it's my OS' problem, the bug shouldn't occur on my friends laptop. That laptop was formatted a few months ago and has been clean of viruses as scanned by Avast and Malwarebytes.
The tools get turned off by default. Once you turn them on, it should still be on once you run the browser again but no! Switches are turned off, System Info only displayed, and You have to turn it on all over again but this time, you have to click twice on every tool.

I don't see your problem - see screenshot:

Statusbar_tools_MaxthonSnap20180308033727.png

I see we're using different themes.  There was a report some time ago that changing from a light to a dark theme caused the statusbar tools to be turned off.  I confirmed that behavior.   Then I turned them ON and they stayed set unless I changed themes light to dark again.  I've just re-checked with a dark to light to dark swith sequence and the tool remain.ON.

Win7 x64 & Mx 5.2.0.1200 of course.

<<SL>>

5 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

I do not understand very well yet what the problem. If by default the Switches are not activated, or that once activated, they turn off when you go back to start maxthon.

Even so, I just tried the last beta, v.5.2.0.1200, portable version, on windows 10 x64, in any folder of the disk.

I've been careful (maxthon does not implement it), to rename %appdata% \ maxthon3, for versions of the v.4 series, because if not, import the data from these versions (which could be a problem)

Just started maxthon for the first time, this is what is activated by default, I do not think that each one is activated a different thing, I say.

We see the bar disabled by default, but the 3 switches, activated.

snap_screen_20180308094643.png

If you activate the bar, you see the 3 active switches below, which were previously activated.

snap_screen_20180308094824.png

If I close maxthon, and reopen it, they remain as is. If I deactivate them, I close maxthon and open them, and I see them inactive.

I do not know if this is what you mention or I have not understood something of what you are saying

Archived