BugSir006

MX5 PC official Release 5.1.6.3000

13 posts in this topic

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to have a try of the brand new release!

Version 5.1.6.3000

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

http://www.maxthon.com/

Happy browsing and feel free leave your comment!

1 person likes this

still waiting for new core which was said to be coming in 2 weeks many weeks ago

3 people like this

On 03.02.2018 at 2:11 AM, zork said:

It seems that Violentmonkey is not working in this version.

On 03.02.2018 at 2:11 AM, zork said:

Scripts not running!!!

Violentmonkey works normal only with mx_core.dll from 5.1.6.1000

3 people like this

14 hours ago, Tony said:

still waiting for new core which was said to be coming in 2 weeks many weeks ago

https://trello.com/b/ofOaTdxE/mx5-pc-public

Tony, we had made arrangements for core update in next plan stage. The core update was exactly postponed because of some reasons and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.:p

10 hours ago, zork said:

Scripts not running!!!

Violentmonkey works normal only with mx_core.dll from 5.1.6.1000

Will have further test please wait

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In Maxnote editor in note or memo mode tooltips translation is missing. Only english or сhinese. No such strings on Crowdin or ini-file.

Untitled-1.png

Edited by zork
1 person likes this

As I reported with the release of 5.1.6.2000, the FB Purity extension also does not work with this release, so I continue to use 5.1.6.1000, which is the last version that this extension worked in. I have completely removed the extension from the browser, downloaded the latest extension version and re-installed it and it still does not work. In Menu>settings>Functions and Addons>Addons, it is shown to be installed and enabled but it does not appear when I open Facebook.

Fortunately, for some reason I am able to run 5.1.6.1000 on my main desktop machine (Win10 Home 64 bit) without Maxthon being automatically updated to 5.1.6.3000, as it is on my Win10 32-bit tablet and on my Win7 32 bit older machine. Not sure what I did to my main machine to stop the auto update, but on my other 2 units, I am unable to open Maxthon without it being automatically upgraded to 5.1.6.3000. This is pretty unacceptable as I, as a tester for years now, always have several version releases installed so that I can better be able to try and duplicate others problems that are posted and do not want them updated automatically. If there is a "switch" to enable/disable this automatic update, I have not yet come across it, and there definitely should be one. I get my best results when I install new versions manually, many times in a new folder, and really never want to have any version automatically updated. I realize that many users that don't regularly hang out at the forum are used to all of their programs/applications/apps being automatically updated or at least are notified that a new version is available and can click to update and have been requesting this for years now, so it's good that it is finally available, but it should be an option, not without any control over it. My 2 cents.

5 people like this

11 hours ago, rick.lane said:

If there is a "switch" to enable/disable this automatic update, I have not yet come across it, and there definitely should be one.

to my surprise, I got this automatic update too, no notification, no question to ask if I'm ok, no way to disable this :(

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, rick.lane said:

As I reported with the release of 5.1.6.2000, the FB Purity extension also does not work with this release, so I continue to use 5.1.6.1000, which is the last version that this extension worked in. I have completely removed the extension from the browser, downloaded the latest extension version and re-installed it and it still does not work. In Menu>settings>Functions and Addons>Addons, it is shown to be installed and enabled but it does not appear when I open Facebook.

Will give a test 

12 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Fortunately, for some reason I am able to run 5.1.6.1000 on my main desktop machine (Win10 Home 64 bit) without Maxthon being automatically updated to 5.1.6.3000, as it is on my Win10 32-bit tablet and on my Win7 32 bit older machine. Not sure what I did to my main machine to stop the auto update, but on my other 2 units, I am unable to open Maxthon without it being automatically upgraded to 5.1.6.3000. This is pretty unacceptable as I, as a tester for years now, always have several version releases installed so that I can better be able to try and duplicate others problems that are posted and do not want them updated automatically. If there is a "switch" to enable/disable this automatic update, I have not yet come across it, and there definitely should be one. I get my best results when I install new versions manually, many times in a new folder, and really never want to have any version automatically updated. I realize that many users that don't regularly hang out at the forum are used to all of their programs/applications/apps being automatically updated or at least are notified that a new version is available and can click to update and have been requesting this for years now, so it's good that it is finally available, but it should be an option, not without any control over it. My 2 cents.

We have given the matter much thought before. The problem is there maybe some serious bugs still exist in previous version. So any bugs or problems would create a bad using experience.  That's the reason we made update to users.

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

We have given the matter much thought before. The problem is there maybe some serious bugs still exist in previous version. So any bugs or problems would create a bad using experience.  That's the reason we made update to users.

you provide the software from there it should be user choice - if they want to use an older version thats up to them - its not for you to force any version on the user base - thats dictatorship 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

its not for you to force any version on the user base

Ummm, maybe not depending on what the licence agreement states.

Updates at the discretion of the developer may well be part of the agreement.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:31 AM, rick.lane said:

We made a test on this, and there something we need confirm with you.

1.Have you upgrade this extension to latest version(Last Updated:2018-02-22), and is it work fine after update?

1.png

2.We just try to install this extension both on V5.1.6.1000 and V5.1.6.3000, and it seems works fine on both version. I mean, it can block ads. You said it doesn't work anymore, could you please tell us some specific information of which part doesn't work anymore? Can't block'sponsored' on fb? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

1.Have you upgrade this extension to latest version(Last Updated:2018-02-22), and is it work fine after update?

You quoted me but apparently did not read what you quoted: " I have completely removed the extension from the browser, downloaded the latest extension version and re-installed it and it still does not work. In Menu>settings>Functions and Addons>Addons, it is shown to be installed and enabled but it does not appear when I open Facebook". So the answer, again, to your question is Yes, I downloaded and installed the latest version of F.B. Purity and it does not work fine after update still; it does not work at all. It does not show up on my toolbar as FBP right next to Home, I can not acces it's options page and it is not cleaning up anything in Facebook.

2.We just try to install this extension both on V5.1.6.1000 and V5.1.6.3000, and it seems works fine on both version. I mean, it can block ads. You said it doesn't work anymore, could you please tell us some specific information of which part doesn't work anymore? Can't block'sponsored' on fb?

Not sure what you think this extension does, but it is not an ad blocker. When I say it doesn't work I mean that there is no sign that it is installed when I open a Facebook page, even though in Settings it shows as being installed and enabled. Here are 2 screenshots of my toolbar in 5.1.6.1000 and in 5.2.0.700 (the problem still exists in the latest internal and I don't have an installation of 5.1.6.3000 to make a screenshot of): The top one is 5.1.6.1000

MX5.1.6.1000toolbar.jpg

And this one is of 5.2.0.700.

MX5.2.0.700toolbar.jpg

Note on the top one that FBP is in the toolbar next to Home and that in the bottom picture it is not there. Also notice that the toolbars are different colors in each picture as I used FBP to change it in 5.1.6.1000, which indicates that nothing is working in the 5.2.0.700 installation, which is further obvious in the rest of the page in that none of the Facebook items I hide are hidden. Not sure what you are doing but from your questions, I don't get the idea the you know what this extension actually does, since blocking ads is not it's main function. Without that FBP in the toolbar, one can not access it's options page and it is obvious on my machine that it is not working at all, as though it is not even installed even though it shows as installed and enabled in Settings. Like I said, it still works properly in 5.1.6.1000 but does not work in 5.1.6.2000, 5.1.6.3000 and the newest internal 5.2.0.700. Let's let all of this sink in for now.

Edited by rick.lane

Can't confirm the FBP issue here. Seems to be working as expected.

Tested on my current install of 5.2.0.700 with userdata imported from previous version.

I'm guessing you've done the usual clean cache.

You can also try and remove the extension savedata in %appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest\addonsdata\{e4eda742-605a-4201-b785-e0e228400516}

MaxthonSnap20180225103047.png

1 person likes this