"First run" every time?!

So since I've installed v5.1.6.1000 (and same applies to 2000), there seems to be some issues with the browser:
 I keep getting the initial top part of the home page (see image) and even though I use the X to close it, the next time I open the browser (admin mode or normally) - it keeps re-appearing.

Furthermore, the Iridium script (I'm using ViolentMonkey)  keeps poping up the welcome screen, which should only occur for the first time, as well as resetting all of the plug-in settings to default.

It feels as if the browser is set to "first startup" every time.

Untitled.png

When I log in as guest it stops.
When I go back to passport it happens again.

So I agree that it seems to be something with being unable to overwrite existing profile data.

I have tried it in both normal and admin mode (win7, x64) with and without anti-virus (as I know it can block changing some files, but I also turn it off when installing Maxthon)
So this is not access problem due to some external anti-virus or something... perhaps something with the OS?

Go to the folder %appdata%\maxthon5\Users\[account name]\Local Storage\

Find the file: https_pc-newtab.maxthon.com_0.localstorage, rename this to something else.

When you restart Maxthon you will get the banner again, dismiss it, and hopefully this time it will stick that you've already dismissed it.

It's designated as local storage, so it shouldn't be synced with passport. But try it out and see what happens.

9 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

I just tried it and it didn't work

Hmmm, ok then. That's where it saves that it's been shown. So yeah, it seems it is a deeper issue.

I also tried deleting the whole roaming Maxthon folder (kept a backup) and "started from scratch"

This is odd. If it's not in the roaming folder, then it's related to something in the install folder. Although i'm not sure where it would be...

I meant that  %appdata%\users\  folder, my mistake.

I'm guessing you actually mean, %appdata%\Maxthon5\users\ 

Will have to delve a little deeper when i get some time...

Can you test with a portable version and login to your passport and see what happens. Given it's a fresh install with nothing of your previous data, then it *should* work properly, if not then it's definitely something in your userdata that's the issue and will need to be honed in on.

On 03.02.2018 at 1:02 AM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

So since I've installed v5.1.6.1000 (and same applies to 2000), there seems to be some issues with the browser:
 I keep getting the initial top part of the home page (see image) and even though I use the X to close it, the next time I open the browser (admin mode or normally) - it keeps re-appearing.

Furthermore, the Iridium script (I'm using ViolentMonkey)  keeps poping up the welcome screen, which should only occur for the first time, as well as resetting all of the plug-in settings to default.

It feels as if the browser is set to "first startup" every time.

Untitled.png

There are too many people seeing this annoying thing. There is no suitable solution yet. 

3 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

has been marked as PC bug

There's nothing official about the prefixes allocation to threads, apart from ones marked as confirmed or resolved. Confirmed shows that a bug has been replicated by a bugsir/miss or the developers, and/or noted on their internal bug tracker. Resolved can be allocated by a mod, and is generally changed when a user confirms that a posted fix has resolved the issue mentioned.

Other tags are just a means of sorting certain types if required, mostly to differentiate PC from mobile issues.

As far as your issue, it doesn't seem to be common one. Based on the above testing something is causing the file that saves that the banner has been dismissed is broken. The issue not showing when using a guest account confirms this. Still trying to track down the cause.

Hi. Been using maxthon browser for a few years now. I really like it. just a question though. Everytime i log on to maxthon I get a box I have to click off. it says personal data center, personal browser,inspiration colector.I click the X and it goes away. When I log on to maxthon again that comes back. How to I keep that off permanatly? Thanks in advance

Archived