Speeddial Links Lack Contrast on Custom Background

Chim

I don't know if it's just a setting that has to be changed or if it's a bug, but I have noticed that when I use a custom background image on my MX5 Speeddial, the links for Maxnote, Passkeeper, Log In and My Favorites lack appropriate contrast vs. the background images that come with MX5.

I have attached an image.

So, what's the scoop?  Can I manually change the contrast on those links?

MX5 Speeddial Links Dark.jpg

I don't currently have a solution to your query which would appear that you want to change the font color, but the page in question is known as the Quick Access page or QA, not speed dial. There also is another thread that contains ABP filters to remove those items from the QA page if that would help you: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/23084-is-this-ad-by-maxthon/&page=1 (The discussion that involves the various ABP filters begins on the second page of that thread) All are still accessed via the menu dropdown if you do choose to remove them. 

Ahhh, Quick Access Page.  Well, to be frank, out of those 4 links the only one I would really have any use for would be Maxnote.  And that one I can access almost as easily from the menu.  So they're not really a must have.  It wouldn't be a deal breaker if they weren't there at all.  I guess you could say it is more of an observation of something that might be a bug ... a bug that other users who do use those links more might put more emphasis on wanting it fixed.

the page uses some sort of logic to determine what colour (light or dark) the text should be based on the image. You can test by changing the backgrounds and you'll see text change.

The problem may occur where it thinks it's a bright image because of some highlights (like the light brown parts of your image), so it sets the text to dark. Ideally the background image should be a more consistent colour, or at least keep within a similar palette.

Oh, okay.  While I consider it more of a dark image, it does have an area of bright Gold as you can see in the attached downsized version of the image.  I guess that logic is basing its decision on that Gold as to what color to select for the links.

Oh well.  It's not a biggie if that's how it's gonna be.  Thanks for the insight, 7twenty.

Gold Abstract Quick Access.jpg

Hmmmmm ... Out of curiosity, I decided to try one of my ole Opera speed dial custom backgrounds.  As you can see,except for some red "Opera" text, which should be a very small percentage of the image's content, the rest is pretty much Black and Dark Grey.  And yet ... the links in question still do not acquire appropriate contrast.

Opera BKG FSIV.jpg

Archived