Passkeeper- wrong passwords / Delete UUmail

adeinor

8 hours ago, adeinor said:

Password Keeper has modified the stored passwords

??

So when you go into the passkeeper page and click on saved password it doesn't match what you expect it to be?

Are you using the auto-generated passwords that passkeeper provides by any chance?

7 hours ago, Chantao said:

How can I call specific logins directly from Passkeeper?

The URL link should take you direct to the page.

If autofill is enabled the details should be entered, you should just have to click login/sign in etc. If not using auto fill, double click on the user/pass field and select the saved profile/user from the dropdown. Then log in.

7 hours ago, Chantao said:

Can I clear all passwords all at once and start over?

There's no option that i can see to clear all. You can do one at a time using the trash icon for each saved site, but depending on how many there are that may be cumbersome. I'd just update each site as you get to them.

A bugsirmiss may be able to offer something more.

9 hours ago, PHYR said:

Meant to start a new topic but seems to apply. I did a clean install this morning and this is the popup I got when I signed into the forum using Passkeeper

Looks Facebook-y? Do you sign in with Facebook? Or did it somehow end up going to the facebook signin by mistake? If you try it again what happens?

On 2018/1/27 at 10:39 PM, adeinor said:

And the second question if you can delete the UUmail emails that I no longer use?

UUmail can be only disable(turn the status to off) and can't be deleted from Maxthon.

1.png

22 hours ago, Chantao said:

Can I clear all passwords all at once and start over? Or do I need a new account?

So far there's no such feature.

On 2018/1/27 at 10:39 PM, adeinor said:

\why is it that Password Keeper has modified the stored passwords and now they do not correspond to the ones I use? \

Have you modified your password or account information?  You can find back the password first with following steps. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

• 7twenty changed the title to Passkeeper- wrong passwords / Delete UUmail

Am I the only one that finds that Passkeeper does not properly store account name and password when a new account is created? The dialog "Do you want to save this password?" does not pop up when *creating* an account.

Whenever I signup for a new account, only the password is stored. If you go into passkeeper and find the entry, the username field is blank. Typically when creating a new account, that website then logs you in directly. If I log out, and then go back to the login page, Maxthon will NOT populate the username and password fields (because the username field is blank).

The passkeeper feature ONLY works once I re-enter the username and password manually for the first time AFTER the account has been created. This is pretty annoying and makes the password generator feature especially cumbersome to use (I have to always remember to click "copy first, then click "fill", so that I can immediately logout, and then paste the complicated password back in and login to actually save in passkeeper so that it can be used in the future.

I probably had to use the "Forgot my password" about 5 times on different websites before I realized that Maxthon NEVER works properly when creating new accounts.

Can this not be fixed???

On 1/27/2018 at 9:39 AM, adeinor said:

Password Keeper has modified the stored passwords and now they do not correspond to the ones I use

I haven't experienced this once I have actually stored the passwords, but it is a pain to get them to store properly, as I describe in my previous post.

On 2018/2/3 at 10:22 AM, vedicaudio said:

Am I the only one that finds that Passkeeper does not properly store account name and password when a new account is created? The dialog "Do you want to save this password?" does not pop up when *creating* an account.

Which website? It shouldn't happened on most cases, but we usually didn't support websites which the account and password are list in different page. 

But in most websites, you needn't to manually right click to save form and will pop up the dialog when *creating* an account.

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Which website? It shouldn't happened on most cases, but we usually didn't support websites which the account and password are list in different page. 

But in most websites, you needn't to manually right click to save form and will pop up the dialog when *creating* an account.

Almost every website! Here are a few examples:

www.eyebuydirect.com

www.jimmyjoy.com

www.openstreetmap.com

None of these sites, by the way, have a 2-step login process.

14 hours ago, Chantao said:

I also have a page s Gmail account that I do not find in the passkeeper. Whenever I sign up for Gmail, I get the login I had 3 years ago. Even if I save the login again: When logging always comes the old.

Gmail account is a special for auto-fill. The account and password are list in different page. We should have supported auto-fill feature in Gmail, but there occurred  a bug on this issue a while age. Will be put forward the fix schedule ASAP

16 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

www.eyebuydirect.com

www.jimmyjoy.com

www.openstreetmap.com

Dear @vedicaudio, I just tried these 3 website. Actually, the first website: www.eyebuydirect.com didn't auto-fill the password. I will send it to test-team. And they will consider whether to add auto-fill feature compatible to this website.

As for  www.jimmyjoy.com and  www.openstreetmap.com, I just tried and it works fine! Maybe it's net work problem and it has a delay to display the pw on your computer? Would you mind give a try again?

Here's my steps, it's just normal:

2312.png

3435.png

2434.png

@BugSir006 But how did you get to the "Login as Existing Customer" page on JimmyJoy? To be an existing customer, you had to create an account first, correct? During the account creation process, did you use Maxthon to generate a password automatically? My point is that if you use password generator, Maxthon stores that password under the appropriate URL, but with the "username" field EMPTY. So once you have created the account, you still have to login as an existing customer by MANUALLY TYPING both your chosen username AND the password which Maxthon generated. This is very inconvenient, unless you had the foresight to COPY the password initially...but in any case, this is not how Maxthon should function.

It should store username AND password when CREATING the account. Currently it stores ONLY the password, creating an extra entry in passkeeper which is totally useless because it doesn't have an associated username. Please try to confirm, thanks.

8 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

@BugSir006 But how did you get to the "Login as Existing Customer" page on JimmyJoy? To be an existing customer, you had to create an account first, correct? During the account creation process, did you use Maxthon to generate a password automatically? My point is that if you use password generator, Maxthon stores that password under the appropriate URL, but with the "username" field EMPTY. So once you have created the account, you still have to login as an existing customer by MANUALLY TYPING both your chosen username AND the password which Maxthon generated. This is very inconvenient, unless you had the foresight to COPY the password initially...but in any case, this is not how Maxthon should function.

It should store username AND password when CREATING the account. Currently it stores ONLY the password, creating an extra entry in passkeeper which is totally useless because it doesn't have an associated username. Please try to confirm, thanks.

If I were in your situation, I'd simply go into Passkeeper , choose Edit for the appropriate link, and enter the username, and cose Passkeeper.  However you're right that a properly designed Passkeeper would save ALL the data on the login dialog.

<<SL>>

On 2/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, SnowLeopard said:

If I were in your situation, I'd simply go into Passkeeper , choose Edit for the appropriate link, and enter the username, and cose Passkeeper.  However you're right that a properly designed Passkeeper would save ALL the data on the login dialog.

<<SL>>

Yes, I wish it were possible to do that. Passkeeper does NOT ALLOW the user the to enter or edit the username for an entry. You can ONLY modify the password.

And what do you mean "If I were in your situation?" Are you not in the same situation? Are you saying that on your installation of Maxthon, the password management works differently than I am describing?

On 2018/2/6 at 9:21 PM, vedicaudio said:

@BugSir006 But how did you get to the "Login as Existing Customer" page on JimmyJoy? To be an existing customer, you had to create an account first, correct? During the account creation process, did you use Maxthon to generate a password automatically?

I did it follow your steps, but when I logged in second time after creating a real account with generated pw. The blank also filled without I enter anything. Reference the image below(this is my interface display):  I tried 4 times

BTW: it's no different between I created a fake account or real account for autofill feature

1.png

My point is that if you use password generator, Maxthon stores that password under the appropriate URL, but with the "username" field EMPTY. So once you have created the account, you still have to login as an existing customer by MANUALLY TYPING both your chosen username AND the password which Maxthon generated. This is very inconvenient, unless you had the foresight to COPY the password initially...but in any case, this is not how Maxthon should function.

It doesn't ask me to fill in the 'user account' section because it just fill it automatically.

Make sure whether the website loading completely, if the circle still loading, the pw may be delayed to appear.

1.png

I see your point and I also admit that Passkeeper feature(autofill) not 100%totally adaption on all website, but 'www.eyebuydirect.com' -this website-I just discussed with developer, the reason why it not auto fill in the "sigh in" pop-up is  website has been processed, special processed, so there some websites will appear the issue that you mentioned. 

Like Gmail, we are trying to make adapation on it, maybe there still exist some websites like Gmail(account and pw list on different page), we will try our best give better user experience on Passkeeper feature.

9 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

Yes, I wish it were possible to do that. Passkeeper does NOT ALLOW the user the to enter or edit the username for an entry. You can ONLY modify the password.

And what do you mean "If I were in your situation?" Are you not in the same situation? Are you saying that on your installation of Maxthon, the password management works differently than I am describing?

Sorry, I haven't actually needed to edit a username in any browser, though I have sometimes missed a Update entries dialog and then just edited the saved password to make it current.  I was assuming any of the fields could be edited.  Apparently a wrong assumption.

<<SL>>

Archived