Opening new tab

Is there a way to middle click on a link/bookmark only if you want it open in a new ACTIVE / FOREGROUND tab?  I middle click to open a link/bookmark in a new tab but the new tab is not active or in the foreground. Because you may or may not want links/bookmarks to open in new active tabs depending on the situation. Thanks.

When I select "Open new tab in foreground" in the Settings, there's no control as to which links will open in a new tab. With this method, way too many links open in new tabs which is undesirable.

6 hours ago, jseeley said:

Is there a way to middle click on a link/bookmark only if you want it open in a new ACTIVE / FOREGROUND tab?

if "Open a new tab in the foreground" is enabled in settings, then you can shift+click a link and it will open a new tab in the foreground. THere's no option to do it from the mouse only.

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

if "Open a new tab in the foreground" is enabled in settings, then you can shift+click a link and it will open a new tab in the foreground. THere's no option to do it from the mouse only.

Awesome. I did not know that... Thanks so much. 

However, when clicking on a favorite (as opposed to a link), the shift clicking works in the opposite way. When I shift click on a favorite, it opens a new tab in the background and not shift clicking opens in the foreground. But when opening a link, it's the opposite.

Archived