MX5 - New Core

Chantao

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

What does it mean: Does it mean, that you no longer receive the message: "Update your Chrome !"

MaxthonSnap20180112130911.png

It thinks you're using Chrome 39 and should update to a newer version or use a different browser. AFAIK, Maxthon uses Blink 50-something as its core ATM. You can try changing the user agent or, if that doesn't work, wait for the beta version that will incorporate a more up-to-date Blink core.

You can find the core M5 is using here http://whatsmyuseragent.org/

It's the first 2 digits of the chrome UA.

In your image it shows you are using Chrome 39 which can't be unless you are using a different user agent in advanced options, check your settings. You can change the 55, for example to 60 or 61, which might help you to stop seeing the messages.

ua.png

2 hours ago, Chantao said:

oh yes, now I have it. So you have to determine the user agent always after the installation itself? This is not automatic?

Please remove your image, it has your IP.

Are you using M4????? 

Don't use custome user agent or update it to something less dated. No wonder you have so many issues.

Thanks to this topic I experimented with User Agent and I changed it with

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1, Win64 x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36

and now finally Adobe Flash Player (28) works better on Maxthon 5.1 (XP user). :) 

Danke, Chantao! emotion-5.gif

Edit: Oh well, again Adobe Flash is broken. It's really funny and sad. :\

On 1/13/2018 at 2:54 PM, Xahi4475 said:

Thanks to this topic I experimented with User Agent and I changed it with

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1, Win64 x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36

and now finally Adobe Flash Player (28) works better on Maxthon 5.1 (XP user). :) 

Danke, Chantao! emotion-5.gif

Edit: Oh well, again Adobe Flash is broken. It's really funny and sad. :\

You might want to try (as I am) seeing how you will do when Flash player is terminated,  See this announcement at Adobe: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/.

So far I have found only one site that actually requires Flash, a government site.  But public sites all seem to be ready for Flash's death.

<<SL>>

Archived