New UI is pure sh*t

The new UI is a step backward. The favourites take ages to load and always end up with "interface error". Tabs don't work as they suppose to. Looks like I will stick to v5.1.3.2000 for a quite time. The only stable build since them. Every build after that is a beta or even damn alpha. Full of bugs, errors, glitches and other shit. Don't call versions full of errors and glitches an official ones. They are still ####ing beta.

33 minutes ago, CorbanWolf said:

The new UI is a step backward. The favourites take ages to load and always end up with "interface error". Tabs don't work as they suppose to. Looks like I will stick to v5.1.3.2000 for a quite time. The only stable build since them. Every build after that is a beta or even damn alpha. Full of bugs, errors, glitches and other shit. Don't call versions full of errors and glitches an official ones. They are still ####ing beta.

a bit strong imo but it certainly is not a great step forward from the last incarnation

skins are changeable - not many here - a few on the chinese forum but they tend to be too flowery for my taste - many mods can be achieved with little knowledge - give it a try

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

51 minutes ago, CorbanWolf said:

The favourites take ages to load and always end up with "interface error".

Confirmed. We are talking about favorites in sidebar. Maxnote (in main menu), Favbar and Fav button are working properly.

59 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Correction, your favorites take forever to load, mine do not. Although I only have about 250 of them in some 20 folders. How many do you have?

60 favourites in 3 folders total. Sidebar takes forever to load and ends with interface error.

33 minutes ago, zork said:

Confirmed. We are talking about favorites in sidebar. Maxnote (in main menu), Favbar and Fav button are working properly.

Yup. Sidebar broken. The main window with favs also takes forever to load, but ends without interface error.

dont get any of that on stock skin and my custom skin - try a portable install if you have not already - have seen the interface error in earlier builds - i'm not convinced the problem is not theirs in that user data corrupts on update - so a portable install will pull everything down clean if you are using a passport

if that does not help disable any extensions and see what happens

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

It's the same as the 4's: I used "V4.9.2.600" for a very long time, because everything still worked the way it should. The same now with " V 5.1.3.2000": I do not use the block graphic anyway. For me it is important: list view in alphabetical order. 

And that you can move with click a whole series of bookmarks is great in the "old" version.

Everything else is just bauble.

Can not confirm any of your complaints: Favorites open right away from any way of getting to them, never take time to load. Never have had an "interface error" of any sort. Tabs work the way I want them to, and since you didn't expound upon your "Tabs don't work as they suppose to", I can't confirm or deny that there is a problem. I have experienced nothing that I would consider a backward step and I haven't found anything that I would consider a bug, error, glitch or as you put it, other shit. And this is true for me of all of the MX5 builds I have installed and tested, public and internal.

To my surprise the portable version works flawlessly. Only the new page with Quick Acess takes some time to load, but apart from that, everything works smooth. I will try clean install of maxthon then.

After clean install. Everything works smooth, even faster than before. I think in some cases upgrading from v5.1.3.xxxx to newer version causes bugs and other glitches.

btw, I have found a typo. Screenshot below:

error.png

Archived