Abnormal desktop Icon error

2 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

Not really an issue but still very annoying, how do I stop the 'Abnormal desktop Icon' warning showing up, as I do not like shortcuts on my desktop. I use Rocketdock and Objectdock for shortcuts and links. 

Untitled-1_zpsharccj1h.png~original

Thank you all, Happy New Year.

Have you tried creating a new desktop shortcut?

Merry Christmas (8 more days of Christmas) and Happy New Year.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, ToothFaerie said:

Hi MX, I do not want a desktop shortcut, this is what happens if I remove the desktop shortcut. Why warn me about deleting the bloody thing as it is in Objectdock & Rocketdock? 

Happy New Year to you and yours. 

I just did a test (on Win7); made a desktop shortcut then deleted it.  The dialog to confirm deleting the shortcut is a Windows dialog, not Maxthon's.  Your problem is with Microsoft.  However, Maxthon could present a option to create or not shortcuts in various places as other Windows installers may do.

<<SL>>

On 28/12/2017 at 11:36 PM, SnowLeopard said:

I just did a test (on Win7); made a desktop shortcut then deleted it.  The dialog to confirm deleting the shortcut is a Windows dialog, not Maxthon's.  Your problem is with Microsoft.  However, Maxthon could present a option to create or not shortcuts in various places as other Windows installers may do.

<<SL>>

I'm on WinX and it is not a delete confirmation, as I have that option turned off as I do not like being asked stupid questions by my OS. If I want to delete something, then I do not want to click on multiple confirm dialogs. It seems to be a Maxthon warning that I have deleted the shortcut, not a wind'uhs confirmation.

P.S. I deleted my old Maxthon shortcut from Rocketdock, replaced it with the one that was created after clicking on 'repair shortcut' and the warning message seems to have desisted. The older shortcut (that I have used for well over a year with all MX5 updates) still pointed to the same location, so the only thing I can think of is that some new 'feature' has been added to the Maxthon executable and is incompatible with the shortcuts from previous versions of MX5  (updated to v5.1.4.3000 from 5.1.3.XXXX). 

Archived