pantantrollo

pc issue Import option in the installation

8 posts in this topic

Is there any way that when installing / decompressing a version of maxthon v.5.x, DO NOT import anything at all?

For those who try several versions at the same time or different betas, it is a hassle that every time a new clean version is started, maxthon does an import without asking about it.

It would help a lot to get a truly clean installation if that option existed

Just don't sign into your account and use "Guest"

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Just don't sign into your account and use "Guest"

I always use a guest, and more to test versions

At the moment of choosing "guest", the importation begins automatically, which makes of the other facilities found in the machine

Edited by pantantrollo

After looking at it again, import (unsolicited) occurs if Maxthon detects the. \ AppData \ Roaming \ Maxthon3 \ folder, from versions of the 4.x series

If a new portati version is executed, the profile of the 4.x series will be imported without asking for consent (just what you want to avoid many times with the portable version)

Portapapeles01.png

1 person likes this

If you don't want to the data in 4.xx anymore, you could delete the folder of "Maxthon 3" . All data of MX4 had restored in "Maxthon 3" folder. 

Please make sure that you do not need them anymore before you delete that folder.

Win+R-%appdata%-Maxthon3

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

If you don't want to the data in 4.xx anymore, you could delete the folder of "Maxthon 3" . All data of MX4 had restored in "Maxthon 3" folder. 

Please make sure that you do not need them anymore before you delete that folder.

Win+R-%appdata%-Maxthon3

the 4.x series data, I do not want to erase them, because I keep using them (especially to test)

The only way that import does not happen (not requested !!!!) is renaming the folder \% appdata% \ Maxthon3, which I think is a great discomfort for those who are constantly testing "betas" in our systems

You just have to put a check box "do you want to import data from old ....." or something similar

Edited by pantantrollo

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

those who are constantly testing "betas" in our systems

use portable versions

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

use portable versions

And they are the ones I use, I do not understand the answer

In fact, to use a portable version, in a machine with the configuration that I detailed above, creates the problem that I pose

Edited by pantantrollo