Import option in the installation

Is there any way that when installing / decompressing a version of maxthon v.5.x, DO NOT import anything at all?

For those who try several versions at the same time or different betas, it is a hassle that every time a new clean version is started, maxthon does an import without asking about it.

It would help a lot to get a truly clean installation if that option existed

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at it again, import (unsolicited) occurs if Maxthon detects the. \ AppData \ Roaming \ Maxthon3 \ folder, from versions of the 4.x series

If a new portati version is executed, the profile of the 4.x series will be imported without asking for consent (just what you want to avoid many times with the portable version)

Portapapeles01.png

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

If you don't want to the data in 4.xx anymore, you could delete the folder of "Maxthon 3" . All data of MX4 had restored in "Maxthon 3" folder. 

Please make sure that you do not need them anymore before you delete that folder.

Win+R-%appdata%-Maxthon3

the 4.x series data, I do not want to erase them, because I keep using them (especially to test)

The only way that import does not happen (not requested !!!!) is renaming the folder \% appdata% \ Maxthon3, which I think is a great discomfort for those who are constantly testing "betas" in our systems

You just have to put a check box "do you want to import data from old ....." or something similar

10 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

And they are the ones I use, I do not understand the answer

If you only use portable versions it's not an issue. But if you have a version installed then it causes the problem.

If you do a lot of testing, then i'd recommend using only portable versions. I don't really see what benefit an install version offers, in any situation?

But you're correct, it always imports data from %appdata%\Maxthon3/5 if it's there.

The idea is to ensure that a user gets up and running as quickly as possible which is great... if you want it. An option on startup the first time would be nice. "Userdata from a previous version was found, would you like to import it?" Actually I think they used to have that popup under the navbar??

9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

If you only use portable versions it's not an issue. But if you have a version installed then it causes the problem.

if you do a lot of testing, then i'd recommend using only portable versions. I don't really see what benefit an install version offers, in any situation?

And so I do it, since binarily the portable and installable version are identical.

What does not prevent to test also the installables (we know that in them they come more fircheros than in the portable version).

9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The idea is to ensure that a user gets up and running as quickly as possible which is great... if you want it. An option on startup the first time would be nice. "Userdata from a previous version was found, would you like to import it?" Actually I think they used to have that popup under the navbar??

Right, a notice with a checlist would be enough

Archived