Facebook full screen videos

dagoz

When I want to watch a video in Facebook using Maxthon it takes two or three clicks to open the video in full screen and I sometimes have to resize my page before the video appears in full screen mode. By the time I have clicked all the buttons short videos are nearly over. If I open a Facebook video in full screen in other browsers it takes one click.to go full screen.

I currently use Maxthon 5.1.3.200.

Any help would be appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help PHYR. I have updated and I still have the full screen video problem, i.e. three clicks and resizing the screen to view a  video in full screen, but it is ok as I don't have this problem in other browsers, so I'll just use a different one.

On 19/01/2018 at 10:08 AM, dagoz said:

three clicks and resizing the screen

Two clicks for me. First one "enlarges" the video to take full frame of the browser, second one is to make it full screen.

You're right, other browsers go fullscreen on first click. They must be using a slightly different video player for certain browsers(?) or something. Could be something that might get fixed when the new blink core is done.

13 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Two clicks for me. First one "enlarges" the video to take full frame of the browser, second one is to make it full screen.

You're right, other browsers go fullscreen on first click. They must be using a slightly different video player for certain browsers(?) or something. Could be something that might get fixed when the new blink core is done.

I only need 0ne click to go full screen.  But I do not usee a browser control; I use the video player's full-screen control.  Examples are  the Brightcove player on EWTN.com and the non-Flash player on YouTube.  (I have disabled Flash in Maxthon ... advance testing for the ending of Flash in 2020.)

I don't recall seeing any viseo player without a full-screen control.  If so, F11 or a click on the statusbar's full-screen icon are one-click options fro the browser.  Sorry, I rarely visit Facebook and can't find what I consider a safe video to play right now.  So I haven't check the Facebook video player..

<<SL>>

1 minute ago, SnowLeopard said:

I use the video player's full-screen control.  

This is what is being discussed. As i said above, using MX facebook has an option on the player but it's set to "enlarge" the video. Then once the video is enlarged, the same button then changes to "fullscreen" which makes it full screen.

Here's a random video to check with: https://www.facebook.com/TRNDVideos/videos/1275801745856848/

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Youtube works well in full screen

Same

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This is what is being discussed. As i said above, using MX facebook has an option on the player but it's set to "enlarge" the video. Then once the video is enlarged, the same button then changes to "fullscreen" which makes it full screen.

Here's a random video to check with: https://www.facebook.com/TRNDVideos/videos/1275801745856848/

Same

I don't know; the Facebook video goes "full screen" with one click, except that Facebook's "full screen" includes stuff other than the video image.  And the second click restores the video to what it was originally - it does not increase the size of the video image.  I am using Mx 5.1.6.200.  OH ... on second check, the video does go  "full-screeen, but the video's aspect ratio leaves stuff on the sdes in the black fill areas for the square (not $:3 or 16:9.  I would'not want to see the distortion if the square were stretched to foll  mr computer screen.

Is the square aspect ratio typical for Facebook?  I think I've seen other aspect ratio videos on FB.

<<SL>>

Archived