Passkeeper

BGFun

There must be options to be able to import / export (and merge) the passwords. In such a way that they can be had in different facilities without having to use the online option (which, personally, I do not use).

And why not, export them to any "readable" format, which helps to know the status of all of them.

30 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

The data of Passkeeper is encrypted, it is design for the security of password data.

another example of Maxthon not giving users choice - i fully agree the stored data should be encrypted but it is the users data - with the master password that they hold they should be able to do with that data what they want - if they want to print out there passwords in plain text then that is their decision not Maxthons

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

2 hours ago, Tony said:

another example of Maxthon not giving users choice - i fully agree the stored data should be encrypted but it is the users data - with the master password that they hold they should be able to do with that data what they want - if they want to print out there passwords in plain text then that is their decision not Maxthons

And if someone hacks into your account, do you want them to have access to all your passwords?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

28 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

And if someone hacks into your account, do you want them to have access to all your passwords?

that is user choice - how safe is it now - if someone hacks my maxthon password they have access to all my passwords that are stored there  - encryption is fine but how do i know that encryption is safe - maxthon have access and it is them who holds the encryption key - paranoia is not something i practice - if it were i would not access the internet

as to password security - like most i use password keepers - websites etc i store in maxthon as my browser - more sensitive i keep in a secure password keeper on my pc without cloud access - the ones i value most i keep in my head - they dont need encrypting 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

20 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

If someone pirates your account, they already have access to your passwords, and if you have access to the PC, you do not have to use a lot the imagination to have all encrypted password , with a portable maxthon .......

On the other hand, the export / import options should not be associated with anything, not even the maxthon account. How many people use maxthon without an account and without logging in? , I think they are different things

Chrome and derivatives (I just tried it in Opera), has that option, hidden, but has it, and exports in csv .

As maxthon based on said engine, has not it left implemented?

Being able to export a user's own passkeeper information to a readable format does not create a security risk except on the user's own computer. You log into your passkeeper account and export to a file on your own computer. I don't see any additional risk in having this option.

We all know what the risks are in storing information on our computers and we accept that risk every time we use our computer.

Having the option to export would be a nice feature.

Archived