Portable MX5 or a Regular installer? Please suggest.

Maxy11

Hello folks!

Iam in a dilemma over choosing the most appropriate version of MX5 for my weak-processor driven desktop computer !?

Please refer to the enclosed screenshot & help suggest on whether I should go for a regular installer or the Portable version of MX5?

Are Portable versions also meant for Old Computers? Do these put a less strain on the resources of a Weak-configuration driven computer?

Who should prefer a Portable version over the Main installer? Are there also any downsides to using a Portable version over the Main installer?

Please help suggest further in the relevant context?

Thank you.

PS - Even more details of my machine have been listed here:-

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, Version    10.0.15063 Build 15063
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
System Model    18-1206in
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    H6P08AA#ACJ
Processor    AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1480 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    AMI 80.05, 02-Jul-13
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model    Not Available
BaseBoard Name    Base Board
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration    Not Available
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.15063.502"
Time Zone    India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.58 GB
Available Physical Memory    6.12 GB
Total Virtual Memory    8.77 GB
Available Virtual Memory    7.22 GB
Page File Space    1.19 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Device Encryption Support    Not Available
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

qO1ZjOD[1].jpg

2 hours ago, Maxy11 said:

Hello folks!

Iam in a dilemma over choosing the most appropriate version of MX5 for my weak-processor driven desktop computer !?

Please refer to the enclosed screenshot & help suggest on whether I should go for a regular installer or the Portable version of MX5?

Are Portable versions also meant for Old Computers? Do these put a less strain on the resources of a Weak-configuration driven computer?

Who should prefer a Portable version over the Main installer? Are there also any downsides to using a Portable version over the Main installer?

Please help suggest further in the relevant context?

There is no difference in operation between the installation and the portable version. However, you can easily test the portable version because it is not installed and you can quickly remove it. For me it works properly on one of the laptops with a weak processor Intel Celeron B815 1.6 GHz and 8GB of memory.

So, I suggest you a portable version :)

As above. They're essentially the same, with some minor differences, most notably that all the data stays in the install folder.

I'd recommend portable to everyone, but some people prefer the "install" option as it adds shortcuts and associates filetypes etc automatically.

Archived