Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BGFun

pc issue V5.1.4.3000 Imaxthon.com

12 posts in this topic

Here is an age old issue, that I have not found and answer for yet. Brand new computer, new V5.1.4.3000 install, imaxthon.com weather never loads. Weather section continuously displays "loading". I had brought this up a long time ago and never got a resolution. Another reason I am considering moving on to another browser. Maxthon just isn't consistent in their work when it comes to features and stability.

Any ideas on the Weather "Loading" issue?

Thanks,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my weather is displayed immediately when inputting my zip code, I can only assume it has to do with your location, country, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you get the settings cog to manually enter a zip code/city? If so, does it still not show the details?

Check dev tools (F12 > console) and see if there are any errors showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2017 at 3:26 PM, 7twenty said:

Do you get the settings cog to manually enter a zip code/city? If so, does it still not show the details?

Check dev tools (F12 > console) and see if there are any errors showing.

I don't even get a field/ Gear Cog to enter Zip Code or location. Just installed MX 5 on my wife's new HP All In One and same on that machine. I will attach the log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, BGFun said:

Here is an age old issue, that I have not found and answer for yet. Brand new computer, new V5.1.4.3000 install, imaxthon.com weather never loads. 

When I go to imaxthon.com I get something like that:

2017-12-31_172246.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileusz said:

When I go to imaxthon.com I get something like that:

2017-12-31_172246.png

you need to go to i.maxthon.com not imaxthon.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGFun said:

you need to go to i.maxthon.com not imaxthon.com

Oh fact, I made a mistake. However, the i.maxthon.com website works correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Galileusz said:

Oh fact, I made a mistake. However, the i.maxthon.com website works correctly.

Great. I have 2 pc's it doesn't work correctly on. The weather section just displays loading with no fields to enter location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that if I copy the localstorage file from one of my pc's that has the weather display working correctly to one without the weather display, then the weather works correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like something was saved wrong or got broken somehow. So i'd say your issues are fixed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is only fixed by copying the working localstorage file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites