Favorites button not working

ligoten

I just installed v5.1.4.3000 portable, and now neither the sidebar or toolbar favorites buttons do anything. The notes buttons both work, but the favorites buttons do not. The favorites bar is still populated, and my favorites are clearly still on Maxnote, but the favorites sidebar will not open and the bookmarks folder is not visible in the notes sidebar.

Well, that didn't help. A second portable install works when I don't copy over my UserData folder though. It does seem that the in-place upgrade is the problem.

Edit: If anyone else encounters this problem, the instructions above appear slightly incorrect; the problem is stated correctly, but the source path is not. I got my favorites buttons working again by copying the contents of \AppData\Public\MxAddons to \UserData\Public\MxAddons. I did not need to mess with the Molebox files.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EatMe3000 said:

hi! in 5.1.5.2000  doesnt work favorites button! please fix it!

Works finne here, same version.  I mean the Favorites button on the navbar.  I tend not to use the sidebar button more by habit than a decision.  But it does have some properties I like better such as auto-opening folders.

<<SL>>

On 21/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, ligoten said:

Well, that didn't help. A second portable install works when I don't copy over my UserData folder though. It does seem that the in-place upgrade is the problem.

Edit: If anyone else encounters this problem, the instructions above appear slightly incorrect; the problem is stated correctly, but the source path is not. I got my favorites buttons working again by copying the contents of \AppData\Public\MxAddons to \UserData\Public\MxAddons. I did not need to mess with the Molebox files.

True, error in the copy / paste :-(, correcting the previous post, thx

For Maxthon installation, copy

.\_AppData\Maxthon\Public\MxAddons\ to %APPDATA%\Maxthon5\Public\MxAddons\

For portable Maxthon, copy

.\AppData\Public\MxAddons\ to .\UserData\Public\MxAddons\

Fav button issue discussion has been moved into this thread from the UI issues thread.

8 minutes ago, EatMe3000 said:

you wrote: 

You need to follow the link to the thread. What was shown was just a snippet of the full post...which is now post #6 in this thread. So look up 5 posts :) 

23 minutes ago, EatMe3000 said:

no, i mean what is the correct name of file?

you wrote: AppData\Maxthon\Public\MxAddons\ to...

thats all

If I have not put a specific file is because it is better to copy the entire folder

14 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Fav button issue discussion has been moved into this thread from the UI issues thread.

Thanks for moving the thread :-)

Archived