Passwords lost, startpage sucks. Sorry.....

I'm sure the new version has been a lot of work again but still......
Well. look at the title :-(
Actually I'm pretty pissed off, I miss my startpages with the tiles.
Now it takes me several clicks to get were I want to be. That used to be one or two clicks.
And I have to fill in a password on every site I visit regularly, before it was all automated.
Above that the browser is now in English while it used to be in Dutch.

Sorry to tell you but I'm not amused :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Ensure that passkeeper is set to auto in settings > General. Also be sure it is set to sync in settings > Privacy and Content > Auto sync if you use an account.

You can also change language in settings > General.

I can access most of my important tiles with a single click or use middle/click to open them in background.

Thanks, but
- Passkeeper was already set to 'auto', still no passwords.

- Change language doesn't work

- Adblocker is not working anymore

- Also my history has disappeared

Unbelievable, for the first time in many happy years I'm seriously considering to leave Maxthon....:(

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

1 hour ago, 15577952 said:

- Passkeeper was already set to 'auto', still no passwords.

- Change language doesn't work

- Adblocker is not working anymore

- Also my history has disappeared

If all that is happening then something clearly went wrong during the update.

The only valid complaint you have is that QA is different... and that's not going to change.

Reinstall.

Nothing prevents him from rearranging QA to look just like his old QA, all he has to do is drag his tiles out of the folder tiles. His Pages from previous QA have all been saved and are easily accessed if he, uhm,  tries. Instead of scrolling to only reach his next page, he can access any page with one click.

Anyone who doesn't like the new QA over the old doesn't know how to use it.

Installed and reinstalled several times. Didn't work.
So yesterday evening I've completely removed MX5 and cleaned the registry to make sure everything was deleted thoroughly.
Now installed V4.9.4.3000 (I was so lucky to find the installation file on my HD!) and everything works fine again.

This morning I went to see my dad (89!), and he said  - 'Can you help me out please? My pc is acting very strange, nothing is working as it should.'
Guess what?! He installed the update yesterday and experienced exactly the same troubles as I did, lost passwords, no history, adblocker not working and browser very very slow.....
I'll have to go there tomorrow and follow the same procedure as mentioned above. Not funny :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

5 hours ago, 15577952 said:

Installed and reinstalled several times. Didn't work.
So yesterday evening I've completely removed MX5 and cleaned the registry to make sure everything was deleted thoroughly.
Now installed V4.9.4.3000 (I was so lucky to find the installation file on my HD!) and everything works fine again.

This morning I went to see my dad (89!), and he said  - 'Can you help me out please? My pc is acting very strange, nothing is working as it should.'
Guess what?! He installed the update yesterday and experienced exactly the same troubles as I did, lost passwords, no history, adblocker not working and browser very very slow.....
I'll have to go there tomorrow and follow the same procedure as mentioned above. Not funny :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Have you tried to see if the same thing happens to you with the portable version?

I posted a similar topic yesterday. Programmers need better Quality Control on these updates. Having to do this or do that to get back what was originally setup is not acceptable. Having to rearrange what was already "arranged" is just not what we want to be doing. If we update, then our browser should look and operate just as it did before the update. This is not an isolated problem. Recently Maxthon is slow to open, slow to load pages, slow to load videos and on and on. For me, I have other browsers installed and compare them for these things. Right now, Opera is becoming my browser of choice. I hope Maxthon programmers get these things worked out soon.

Archived